From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St Mary's Church, Hundleby
Hundleby shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|– London||115 mi (185 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
|UK Parliament||Louth and Horncastle|
Spilsby Union Workhouse was built in Hundleby in 1837, to designs by George Gilbert Scott. After 1930 it became a Public Assistance Institution, and in 1948 the Gables Hospital providing geriatric care. It was eventually closed and demolished.
- "Hundleby". Genuki.org.uk. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Domesday Map". Hundleby. Anna Powell-Smith. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "British Listed Buildings". Hundleby. English Heritage. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Pastscape". Spilsby Union Workhouse. English Heritage. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "The Workhouse". Spilsby Union Workhouse. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- Media related to Hundleby at Wikimedia Commons