Hungama Digital Media Entertainment
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2010)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2010)|
Hungama Digital Media , began its journey as an online promotions agency during the internet boom in 1999. 14 years hence, it is a complete Digital Entertainment, Mobile services and Promo Marketing entity. Today, Hungama is the leader in the Mobile Entertainment and Value Added Services (VAS) in Asia.
Hungama is the largest aggregator, developer, publisher and distributor of Bollywood and Asian entertainment content in the world, having worldwide exclusive rights to over ten million music and video titles. It powers nearly 90% of all mobile digital entertainment content in India, and provides the same entertainment to consumers in 66 countries, with more than 345 partners across the world.
Headquartered in Mumbai, Hungama Digital Media employs over 5000 employees in fifty-five countries. Originally launched as a brand promotions website in 1989, Hungama.com is today India's largest on-demand Digital Entertainment storefront, serving audio, video and imagery to Asians across the world. At Hungama.com, consumers can preview, buy and download entertainment across all genres.
- Started out as a promotions marketing portal - Hungama.com
- Acquired IndiaFM.com - Bollywood Portal
- Raised Venture funding from ICICI ventures
- Ranked amongst the top 10 Internet Brands in India
- First Mobile Campaign for Coca-Cola
- Engaged Digital services for Brands like Nike across Asia
- Leveraged Brand Power with Co-Branding partnerships with Hallmark, McDonalds etc.
- Events Promotion Division established
- Focused on surviving the Dotcom Bust
- First year of profitability (FY 02 -03)
- Foray into entertainment marketing beyond Digital
- 4 Awards at the Promotions Marketing Awards for Asia (PMAA) Singapore
- 2 Abby Golds in India
- Managed the Apsara Awards
- Exclusive Tie-up with Nokia for Mobile Entertainment Content
- Became the first Company out of India to start launching an Indian Portal with Major International operators like O2, Singtel etc
- Exclusive tie-up with T-series for their entire Music catalog
- Won the Globes in Miami for Digital marketing, 6 PMAAs and 2 more Abby's followed
- Became the only Indian company to tie up with Apple to offer Indian Music on iTunes
- Signed up with Warner and Sony Pictures international for South Asia
- Won the MEFFY Award
- Launched Gaming Hungama
- Neeraj Roy became vice Chairman of MEF
- Hungama Mobile Launched MMC Cards
- Created creative an innovative way to transfer content from DTH to Mobile
- Created Bollywoods first digital Promotions campaign for Ghajini
- Re-Launch of the new Hungama.com
Popularly known as Hungama in the digital media ecosystem, the company has recently changed its name to Hungama Digital Media Entertainment (P) Ltd and reworked its visual identity with the launch of a new company logo.
- Abby - Mujhse Dosti Karogi (Gold)
- Abby - Hindustan Unilever Ltd. - Axe (Gold)
- PMAA - Best Use of interactive media (Silver: Vaastu Shastra Website)
- Abby- Banaras (Silver)
- Best Small Budget Campaign (Gold: Hanes Train Activity)
- Best Activity Generating Brand Volume (Silver: BPCL Speed Monsoon Malamaal Promotion)
- Best Use Of New Media (Bronze: Axe Unlimited Academy)
- Best Use of Interactive Media (Silver: Banaras Diya Application)
- The Marketing Campaign Award (Casino Royale and Hutch Marketing Campaign)
- Visiongain's Mobile Entertainment Awards and Conference
- Bollywood Hungama wins PC World Web Award 2008
- Hungama tames the Golden Dragon at the 2008 PMAA
- Hungama bags a ‘Meffy’ for Tata Sky Active Mall
- Hungama Digital Media wins a ‘Gold Dragon’ at Promotion Marketing Awards of Asia 2009
- Gaming Hungama bags the FICCI BAF 2009 for Bollympics
- Wins 2 Abbys Silver for the ‘Viral and Email Marketing’ for and one Bronze for the ‘Integrated Digital Campaign’ - both for 'Ghajini'
Legalizing downloads - Hungama.com
- Hungama Digital Media has launched Hungama.com, an online music store that offers DRM (digital rights management)-free audio or video music at Rs 10 a piece. Hungama.com also offers an unlimited downloads option under which a customer can download unlimited number of DRM-protected music, video, mobile wallpapers or ringtones.
- According to Hungama, the company has tied up with about 305 content partners who provide digital content in forms of music, videos, ringtones and mobile wallpapers. For its payment options, which include credit card, debit card and internet banking, Hungama has partnered with a number of banks. For the mobile payment option, the company has partnered with mobile operators to enable consumers make payments through their mobile phones.
- Hungama.com claims to currently offer a library of over 100,000 music tracks and ringtones; over 20,000 videos; and more than 50,000 mobile wallpapers. Presently, the online store is offering digital entertainment content across genres such as movie songs, non-film music, regional, devotional and instrumental music, and languages including Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Gujarati.
- Hungama Digital Media Pvt. Ltd, recently announced a strategic alliance with EMI Music in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The agreement covers the distribution across multiple digital platforms and formats, via internet and mobile. As Emi and Warner Music have a licensing partnership covering these countries, the deal includes Warner Music's digital content. The partnership will provide Hungama's consumers with a world-class collection of music from classic artists, contemporary global stars and up-and-coming talent
- ArtistAloud.com : Hungama Digital Media announced the launch of www.artistaloud.com, a digital distribution platform for unreleased music created by artistes. The Website which features songs spanning over six genres, becomes a platform for one to spot music of Independent artists.With ArtistAloud, musicians now have an opportunity to connect with their fans directly. The library comprises handpicked compositions that have been close to the artist's heart and created with great passion.Artistes on board will retain the publishing rights of their compositions. They have the liberty to take their music onto the physical medium via any record label. The ArtistAloud library can also be accessed through Hungama's domestic and international digital distribution partnerships comprising mobile operators, Hungama.com, the BSNL storefront, iTunes, Rhapsody and Amazon MP3 through the Tata Sky DTH platform.
- With television giving nearly no importance to individual music and Bollywood music taking the forefront, individual music makers are not getting their required audience. To provide audience to these artists and to give audience a freedom to choose, Hungama has launched www.artistaloud.com, a digital platform for artists and provides music lovers access to unreleased music, Independent music which they can sample, buy as well as share with the world. Artistaloud is also in its own way an answer to fight music piracy and a long awaited solution for artists who have not been able get a commercial release for their original compositions and in the process have had to resort to free downloads.The site currently houses original music from over 30 well known solo artists and bands and has music from several genres ranging from alternative pop, fusion, English and Hindi rock, Bollywood pop and classic Indi-pop, English, Punjabi, Gujarati and Bengali.
- ArtistAloud.com is a revolution in the Indian Independent Music Scene that aims to give not only an artist but also the consumer the control and right to build the demand for Independent Music on a global level that is a sheer expression of musical speech by an Artist towards his audience.
Innovations/ Recent Work
- Hungama has worked with some of the leading production houses and Music Labels in the country for marketing their movies and digitally promote the content. In recent times, the company has promoted films such as 'Kambakth Ishq' 'Kal' 'Sid' to name a few.
- Hungama partnered with the Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Billu' and created an application for social networking sites. The core thought behind the creation of the application was the theme of the movie - rekindling old friendships. Named 'Dosti ke Rang, Shahrukh ke Sang', the application enables old, sometimes forgotten friends from school, college, etc. to reunite.
- More recently Hungama digitally distributed and promoted the music for India's first underwater action thriller, 'Blue' with Music major T-Series and made the movie's music available in form of pen drives and micro chips.
- The digital promotions of the film developed by Hungama reached out to the audiences on social media through an innovative campaign for users on Twitter, Facebook, Orkut and a ‘Blue zone’ on Bollywood Hungama. The ‘Blue Zone’ is touted as a one-of-its-kind rich media innovation for a Bollywood film. It takes the audiences to an underwater theme on the web, which submerges their page into the secrets of the ocean and recreates the theme of the film for a complete ‘Blue’ experience.
- Hungama Digital Media bags Meffy for 'Tata Sky Active Mall' service: Business : India Today
- Indian Advertising, Media, Marketing, Digital, Advertising Agencies - afaqs!
- Hungama.com offers DRM-free audio, video music at Rs 10 a piece | Alootechie
- Hungama partners with Emi for digital distribution of music
- Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Hungama Digital to provide platform for unreleased music
- Artist aloud! | | | Indian Express
- Independent Artists | Independent Music | Artists in India | Upload your Music - ArtistAloud.com
- T-Series ties with Hungama for digital music release of 'Blue' | Editorial-News | Radioandmusic.com
- Hungama Digital Media and Samsung go ‘Blue’