Hungary at the 2014 Winter Olympics
|Hungary at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi|
|Competitors||16 in 5 sports|
|Flag bearer||Bernadett Heidum (opening)
Szandra Lajtos (closing)
|Olympic history (summary)|
Before the Games began, the Hungarian Olympic Committee received a threatening letter which warned of an attack on its athletes at the Games. It was dismissed as not being credible.
According to the quota allocation released on 20 January 2014, Hungary had three athletes in qualification position. Edit Miklós's 7th place finish in the women's downhill set a new record as the highest placing alpine skiing at the Winter Olympics for the country. As for Anna Berecz, she was remarked for being one of the few, along Tina Maze and Macarena Simari Birkner, to complete all the five races in which she competed.
|Athlete||Event||Run 1||Run 2||Total|
|Norbert Farkas||Men's giant slalom||1:29.77||55||1:31.56||50||3:01.33||50|
|Anna Berecz||Women's combined||1:50.28||33||58.41||21||2:48.69||21|
|Women's giant slalom||1:26.96||53||1:27.09||48||2:54.05||48|
|Edit Miklós||Women's combined||1:44.32||13||57.29||19||2:41.61||16|
|Women's giant slalom||1:23.89||36||1:21.92||32||2:45.81||33|
Hungary received two reallocation quota spots in biathlon.
|Károly Gombos||Men's sprint||28:04.3||1 (0+1)||79|
|Men's individual||1:05:16.7||8 (0+4+1+3)||88|
|Emőke Szőcs||Women's sprint||24:15.4||2 (0+2)||70|
|Women's individual||18:28:00||6 (1+1+1+3)||70|
According to the final quota allocation released on 20 January 2014, Hungary qualified two athletes.
|Milan Szabó||Men's 15 km classical||47:01.3||+8:31.6||78|
|Ágnes Simon||Women's 10 km classical||38:36.7||+10:18.9||69|
|Milan Szabó||Men's sprint||3:59.68||73||Did not advance|
|Ágnes Simon||Women's sprint||3:04.72||66||Did not advance|
Short track speed skating
|Bence Béres||1000 m||1:27.735||4||Did not advance||26|
|1500 m||2:20.327||6||N/A||Did not advance||33|
|Viktor Knoch||500 m||42.261||2 Q||42.043||3||Did not advance||12|
|1000 m||1:25.426||2 Q||1:25.673||5||Did not advance||18|
|1500 m||2:47.714||6||N/A||Did not advance||34|
|Sándor Liu Shaolin||500 m||41.683||3||Did not advance||18|
|1000 m||1:35.935||3 ADV||1:24.966||4||Did not advance||16|
|1500 m||2:14.055||4||N/A||Did not advance||20|
|Bernadett Heidum||1000 m||PEN||Did not advance|
|1500 m||2:21.826||2 Q||N/A||2:20.196||3 FB||2:26.004||9|
|Andrea Keszler||500 m||45.215||4||Did not advance||28|
|Zsófia Kónya||1500 m||2:55.523||5||N/A||Did not advance||30|
|3000 m relay||N/A||4:15.473||4 FB||4:24.496||6|
Qualification legend: ADV – Advanced due to being impeded by another skater; FA – Qualify to medal round; FB – Qualify to consolation round
|Konrád Nagy||1500 m||1:48.12||26|
- "Heidum Bernadett viszi a magyar zászlót" [Bernadett Heidum carries the Hungarian flag]. http://www.telesport.hu/. 2 February 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony - Flagbearers". http://www.olympic.org/. Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Organizing Committee. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony - Flagbearers". The International Olympic Committee (IOC). 23 February 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "Hungary dismisses Sochi Olympic terrorist threat". Euronews. 23 January 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Summary of Quota allocation as per 20.01.2014". www.fis-ski.com. FIS. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Sochi 2014: Surprise skier sets Hungarian record". Hungarian Daily News. 12 February 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Basu, Anand (13 February 2014). "Olympics-Cross Country-Women's 10 km classic result". Reuters. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "XXII Olympic Winter Games 2014 Sochi - Entries Short Track Speed Skating". International Skating Union. 22 November 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Communication No. 1841 XXII Olympic Winter Games 2014 Sochi Entries Speed Skating". International Skating Union. 23 December 2013. Retrieved 25 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hungary at the 2014 Winter Olympics.|