|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Lisa Lillien, Founder and CEO|
Number of employees
Hungry Girl is a free daily e-mail subscription service about healthy eating that launched in May 2004. Approximately one million people receive HG's daily emails.
In addition to daily e-mails, Hungry Girl content is seen regularly on Yahoo, WeightWatchers.com, Seventeen magazine, People Style Watch, the New York Daily News, Redbook Magazine, and on the TV shows Extra, The Rachael Ray Show and Good Morning America. The first Hungry Girl book was released on April 29, 2008, under the title Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World. The book was published and distributed by St. Martins Press. The book debuted at #2 on the New York Times bestseller list. The next two Hungry Girl books, "200 Under 200" and "Hungry Girl 1-2-3" debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. A Hungry Girl television show premiered on Cooking Channel in January 2011. Later that year, the series moved to Food Network.
- Greco, Patricia (2007-07-01). "Lisa Lillien -- Online Diet-Food Diva". Good Housekeeping. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- Gedan Spencer, Gail (2008-02-08). "The Skinny interview: Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien". Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- Stuart Platkin, Charles (2008-01-23). "Q&A with Lisa Lillien (Hungry Girl)". DIET DETECTIVE. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- Lillien, Lisa (2008-04-02). "Hungry Girl on Yahoo! Food". Yahoo!. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- Lillien, Lisa (2007-07-20). "Hungry Girl Goes...To A Diner". Weight Watchers. Retrieved 2008-04-02.