Hunter Township, Edgar County, Illinois
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|• Total||30.26 sq mi (78.4 km2)|
|• Land||30.21 sq mi (78.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.13%|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||8.3/sq mi (3.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61924, 61944|
|GNIS feature ID||0429156|
Hunter Township is one of fifteen townships in Edgar County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 250 and it contained 111 housing units. Hunter Township was formed from portions of Stratton Township and Brouilletts Creek Township on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.26 square miles (78.4 km2), of which 30.21 square miles (78.2 km2) (or 99.83%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.13%) is water.
- Clays Prairie
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Blackman, Bright, Bruce, Cook, Saint Aloysius, Sixteen and Stafford-Crimmons.
- Edgar County Community Unit District 6
- Paris Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Hunter Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Edgar Township||Brouilletts Creek Township||Helt Township, Vermillion County, Indiana|
|Paris Township||Clinton Township, Vermillion County, Indiana|