Huron County Memorial Airport
|Huron County Memorial Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KBAX – FAA LID: BAX|
|Owner||Huron County Road Commission|
|Serves||Bad Axe, Michigan|
|Elevation AMSL||763 ft / 233 m|
Huron County Memorial Airport (ICAO: KBAX, FAA LID: BAX) is a county-owned, public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) south of the central business district of Bad Axe, a city in Huron County, Michigan, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned BAX by the FAA and no designation from the IATA (which assigned BAX to Barnaul Airport in Barnaul, Altai Krai, Russia).
Facilities and aircraft
Huron County Memorial Airport covers an area of 386 acres (156 ha) at an elevation of 763 feet (233 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 17/35 is 5,009 by 75 feet (1,527 x 23 m) and 4/22 is 3,495 by 75 feet (1,065 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 10,000 general aviationaircraft operations, an average of 27 per day. At that time there were 20 aircraft based at this airport: 85% single-engine, 10% multi-engine and 5% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BAX ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 3 (PDF, 1.28 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Bad Axe, Michigan - Huron County Memorial Airport (ICAO: KBAX, FAA: BAX)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- "Barnaul, Altay, Russia (IATA: BAX, ICAO: UNBB)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- PDF (77.8 KB) at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of 28 March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BAX, effective January 8, 2015
- Resources for this airport: