From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hurr or with added definitive article as Al Hurr / Al-Hurr may refer to:
- Al-Hurr al-Aamili, a muhaddith and a prominent Twelver Shi'a scholar
- Al-Hurr ibn Yazid al Tamimi, the general of the Umayyad army dispatched from Kufa, Iraq to intercept al-Husayn ibn Ali ibn Abu Talib
- Al-Hurr ibn Abd al-Rahman al-Thaqafi, early Umayyad governor who ruled the Muslim province of Al-Andalus (716-718 AD)
Hurr also means free in Arabic and appears in a great number of Arab names of organisations including:
- Free Syrian Army, in Arabic Al-Jayš Al-Suri Al-Ḥurr, main armed opposition group operating in Syria
- Free Shia Movement, Al-Tayar Al-Shi'iy Al-Hurr, small Lebanese Shia political movement allied with March 14 Alliance and opposed to mainstream Shi'ite movements allied with the March 8 Alliance, namely Hezbollah and Amal
- Radio Free Iraq, in Arabic Izaa'at al 'Iraaq al Hurr, 24-hour radio station broadcasting in Arabic from Prague, and is part of the programming of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.