With director Alex Proyas, Alicajic created a pre-trailer for the 20th Century Fox film I, Robot. In 2008, while with Aritmetic, Alicajic produced a campaign for Foxtel, winning a gold Promax Award. In 2009 he moved from Aritmetic and joined Photoplay.
Alicajic collaborated with UK writer Jeff Noon on his IF award-winning script Divine Shadows, which is currently in pre-production for shooting to begin in 2010. As part of a two-picture deal Alicajic has also signed to direct the AMPAS Nicholl Fellowship winning feature screenplay The Secret Boy.
- The Red Room (1997)
- Beginnings (2002)
- Still Life (2005/IV)
- Harry the Hunchback (2005)
- Aquamarine (2006)
Awards & nominations
- 2002, Won Dendy Award for 'Best Short Film' Beginnings at the Sydney Film Festival
- 2005, Won Inside Film Award for 'Best Unproduced Screenplay' Divine Shadows.
- 2008, Won Promax Award for 'Best in Show Gold' for his Foxtel Summer campaign
- 2009, Won Golden Trailer Award for 'Best Unproduced Movie Trailer'
- "Husein Alicajic". Screen Australia. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "HUSEIN ALICAJIC". Photoplay. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "Wow filmmaker's forum: Director’s Vision Through The Cinematographer’s Lens". WOW Film Festival. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "Kamen Brothers + Husein Alicajic to Photoplay". Campaign Brief. 17 September 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "New to Photoplay". Australian Creative. 18 September 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "Lantana scores big at Australian IF awards". Screen Daily. 11 November 2001. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "2001 Inside Film Awards". Inside Film Awards. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
|This biographical article related to film in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|