|Service type||Inter-city rail|
|Current operator(s)||South Central Railway, Indian Railways|
|Distance travelled||790 km (490 mi)|
|Average journey time||13 hours 45 minutes|
|Class(es)||Sleeper, Air-conditioned and Unreserved|
|Seating arrangements||Indian Rail standard|
|Observation facilities||Large windows in all carriages|
|Baggage facilities||Below the seats|
|Operating speed||58.7 km/h|
Hussainsagar Express; also known as Hussain Sagar Express) is a very popular train operated by South Central Railway between Hyderabad and Mumbai. It was started in late 1975 to connect the two cities. At that time this was the only train to Mumbai from the Deccan region of the country. Currently, it operates as a daily superfast train.
The train was introduced as a replacement to the former Minar Express which operated between Secunderabad and Mumbai.
The train travels a distance of 429 miles ( 790 km) in 13 hours 45 minutes at an average speed of 58.7 km/h.
12701 Hussainsagar Express ENG-SLR-GEN-S10-S9-S8-S7-S6-S5-S4-S3-S2-S1-B2-B1-A1-HA1-GEN-SLR
12702 Hussainsagar Express ENG-SLR-GEN-GEN-GEN-GEN-S1-GEN-GEN-SLR
The train has a rake sharing arrangement (RSA) with the Hyderabad Mumbai Express.
The Hussainsagar Express is hauled by a single WDM3A diesel locomotive from the Kazipet shed for its entire journey between Hyderabad and Mumbai CST.
|S.No||Station Name||Station Code|
|11019/11020||Konark Express||Mumbai CST||Bhubaneswar|
|17031/17032||Hyderabad Mumbai Express||Hyderabad||Mumbai CST|
|17057/17058||Devagiri Express||Secunderabad||Mumbai CST|
|12219/12220||Duronto Express||Secunderabad||Mumbai LTT|
|17203/7204||Kakinada Bhavnagar Express||Kakinada||Bhavnagar|
|17017/17018||Secunderabad Rajkot Express||Secunderabad||Rajkot|
- India Rail Info: Hussainsagar Express (2701)
- India Rail Info: Hussainsagar Express (2702)
- The Hussain Sagar Express.
Articles & Reviews
- IRFCA: Hussain Sagar Express
- Webshots: Hussainsagar Express (1)
- Webshots: Hussainsagar Express (2)
- Youtube: Hussain Sagar Express at Sion
- Youtube: Arrival at Kurduwadi (Hussainsagar Exp.)
- Youtube: Hussainsagar Express at Dadar
- Youtube: A Ride On The 2702 Hussain Sagar Express; Part 1
- Youtube: A Ride On The 2702 Hussain Sagar Express; Part 2