Husseini (also spelled Hussaini, Husaini, Hecini, Hosseini or Husayni, Arabic: حسیني) is an Arabic surname.
It is a nisba derivation of the given name Hussein or Husain from the name of Caliph Imam Husain ibn Ali. People with the surname Al-Husseini or Husseini are descendants of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad through the lineage of his grandson Imam Husain ibn Ali. Imam Husain ibn Ali was the son of prophet Muhammad's daughter Fatima and son-in-law and Caliph Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib.
Husseinis are primarily found in the Arab world, South Asia, and Iran. Because of their lineage, the Husseini family is considered one to be respected, honored and are given the title of Sayyid. This title represents a person who is a direct descendant of Prophet Muhammad and his grandson Husain ibn Ali.
- Adem Hecini, Algerian athlete
- Abd al-Qadir al-Husayni, Arab rebel commander
- Ahad Hosseini, Iranian Azeri sculptor
- Arif Hussain Hussaini, Pakistani politician
- Faisal Husseini, Palestinian politician
- Homa Hosseini, Iranian rower
- Hussein el-Husseini, Lebanese statesman
- Jalal Hosseini, Iranian footballer
- Kamil al-Husayni, Palestinian judge
- Khaled Hosseini, American novelist and physician
- Mansoor Hosseini, Swedish composer
- Mansooreh Hosseini, Iranian contemporary artist
- Mehdi Hosseini, Persian composer
- Mohammed al-Husseini, Lebanese-Canadian member of Hezbollah
- Mohammad Amin al-Husayni, Palestinian Arab nationalist
- Mohammad Hosseini, Iranian politician
- M. Yousuff Hussaini, American applied mathematician
- Rana Husseini, Jordanian journalist
- Shamseddin Hosseini, Iranian politician
- Syed Shah Mohammed Hussaini, Indian educationalist
|This page or section lists people with the surname Husseini. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|