Hybride, a division of Ubisoft, is a Canadian visual effects studio based in Piedmont, Quebec. It has provided visual effects for over 1,000 advertising campaigns and more than 60 international mega productions. The studio was acquired by Ubisoft on July 8, 2008.
Hybride was founded in 1991 and was the first studio in Quebec to specialize in digital visual effects. The company spent its first years creating visual effects for TV series, station ID’s as well as completing advertising spots for companies such as Air Canada, Coca Cola, CCM and Volkswagen.
In 1997, Guillermo del Toro’s Mimic becomes the studio’s first project of international scope. Since then, the company has signed visual effects for over 60 motion pictures such as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Smurfs 2, Pacific Rim, White House Down, The Hunger Games, James Cameron's Avatar, 300, Sin City and the Assassin’s Creed: Lineage film series. Hybride has contributed to Canadian / European co-productions such as Napoleon and Marie-Antoinette and has also contributed to Québécois productions including Seducing Dr. Lewis, Aurore, The Rocket, The Age of Innocence, and Christian Duguay's latest film, Jappeloup.
The studio offers a range of services encompassing 3D animation, character animation, crowd simulation, SFX animation, compositing, green screen integration, set extensions, on set VFX supervision and VFX editing.
On July 8, 2008, Hybride was bought by and became an independent film division of Ubisoft.
- Unbroken (film) (2014)
- The Good Lie (2014)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014 film) (2014)
- Hemlock Grove (TV series) (2014)
- From Dusk till Dawn: The Series (2014)
- Beauty and the Beast (2014)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- The Smurfs 2 (2013)
- Pacific Rim (2013)
- White House Down (2013)
- Jappeloup (film) (2013)
- The Hunger Games (2012)
- Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (2011)
- Saw 3D: The Final Chapter (3D Trailer)
- L’appât (2010)
- Machete (2010)
- Predators (2010)
- Avatar (2009)
- Assassin's Creed: Lineage (2009)
- Whiteout (2009)
- The Orphan (2009)
- Shorts (2009)
- The Final Destination (2009)
- Dragonball Evolution (2009)
- Honey I’m In Love (2008)
- The Necessities of Life (2008)
- The X-Files: I Want To Believe (2008)
- Journey To The Center Of The Earth (2008)
- Surviving My Mother (2007)
- L'ge des ténèbres
- Ubisoft acquires Hybrid Technologies, creator of visual effects for the films 300 and Sin City GoNintendo. July 8, 2008.