Hyderabad Public School
|The Hyderabad Public School|
|Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Principal||Ramandeep Kaur Samra|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold|
Earlier known as Jagirdar College, it was established in 1923 as a school exclusively for the sons of jagirdars and other aristrocats. It was renamed as Hyderbad Public School in 1951 after Zamindari system was abolished in 1950. It is on a160-acre (0.65 km2) campus with buildings ranging from the modern to the Qutub Shahi style of architecture.
Children are schooled from the primary stage through to the 12th standard (age 3 to age 17). The school is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certification Examinations (ICSE, ISC). Its administrative body is the Hyderabad Public School Society.
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, Opposition Party Leader AP, President YSR Congress
- Satya Nadella, Chief Executive Officer, Microsoft Corporation
- Shantanu Narayen, Chief Executive Officer, Adobe Systems
- T K Kurien, Chief Executive Officer, Wipro
- Preetish Nijhawan, Co-founder of Akamai Technologies
- Sridhar Tayur, Ford Distinguished Research Chair and Professor of Operations Management at Carnegie Mellon University; founder, SmartOps and OrganJet
- Kiran Kumar Reddy, Member, HPS Society, 16th Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Akbaruddin Owaisi, M.L.A. (Chandrayangutta, Hyderabad) - Leader of AIMIM in Legislative Assembly, A.P.
- Asaduddin Owaisi, M.P.(Hyderabad), President of A.I.M.I.M.
- Harsha Bhogle, journalist and cricket commentator
- Akkineni Nagarjuna, actor
- K. Hari Prasad, CEO, Apollo Hospitals
- Ramendra Kumar, writer
- Talat Aziz, Ghazal singer
- Prem Watsa, Chairman, CEO, Fairfax Financial Holdings, Canada
- Yarlagadda Sumanth Kumar, actor
- Rana Daggubati, actor
- Ram Charan Tej, actor
- Karan Bilimoria, Baron Bilimoria, Chairman, Cobra Beer
- Bapi Raju Kanumuri, Member of Parliament (Narasapuram), Lok Sabha
- G. Vivek, Member of Parliament (Peddapalli, Karimnagar Dist, AP), Lok Sabha
- Pallam Raju, Minister of Human Resource Development, M.P.(Kakinada), Lok Sabha
- Venkatapathy Raju, HPS, cricketer, played for Hyderabad and India
- Ajay Kumar, Lok Sabha MP from Jamshedpur, Retd. IPS Officer, Trained Doctor.
- Umesh Chandra,Great IPS Officer.
The student body is divided into four houses named after famous institutions and universities in India.
The 160 acre school has many buildings and grounds.
- The Primary block- Holds 1-5 classes.
- The Shaheen or the assembly hall- Holds 11th and 12th classes, inter-house and inter-school competitions occur here, the principal stays here.
- The Durand or the middle school block- Holds 6th and 7th classes.
- The Senior or the Science block- Holds 8th and 9th classes besides the computers, biology, chemistry and physics labs.
- The New Science block- Holds 10th class.
- The Administrative block- Administration.
- The boarding house- Holds the students who stay back in school.
- The dining hall- A huge dining hall which can hold around 1300 students at once.
- The parking lot- Very huge.
Along with this the school has many football, volleyball, basketball and throw ball fields not to mention a huge stadium where cricket is played and athletics take place.
- "Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet". My-Telugu.com. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- Satya Nadella: Executive Vice President, Cloud and Enterprise
- T K Kurien: CEO, Wipro Ltd
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hyderabad Public School.|
|This Indian school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|