Hypnagogic States EP is an EP by The Cure, released on 13 September 2008. It contains remixes of the first four singles off of the band's album, 4:13 Dream: "The Only One", "Freakshow", "Sleep When I'm Dead" and "The Perfect Boy". The EP reached the number one in Spain. The album is the second remix album/EP by the Cure, following Mixed Up.
Existence of the EP was made public by Robert Smith via an announcement on The Cure's website on 23 July 2008. The songs were remixed by Jared Leto of 30 Seconds to Mars, Jade Puget of AFI, Julien-K, Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy, and Cure opener 65daysofstatic. All profit generated by the release will benefit the International Red Cross.
In the statement about the release made on the band's website, Robert Smith remarked that there may be more than one remix EP, due to the amount of people wishing to remix the four songs. The track listing was announced by Robert Smith on the band's website on August 8, 2008. Due to the overpricing of the EP on iTunes, Robert Smith has urged people to wait until it is priced around £4.00 or less, than the £7.99 being charged by iTunes currently. The iTunes release contains an exclusive remix of "The Only One" by 65daysofstatic as track 6.
Track listing 
- "The Only One" (Remix 4 by 30 Seconds to Mars) – 4:25
- "Freakshow" (Wolves at the Gate Remix) – 3:18
- "Sleep When I'm Dead" (Remix 4 by Gerard Way & Julien-K) – 4:04
- "The Perfect Boy" (Remix 4 by Patrick Stump / Pete Wentz) – 3:51
- "Exploding Head Syndrome" (4 Single Remix by 65daysofstatic) – 21:27
iTunes bonus track 
- "The Only One" (Remix 65 by 65daysofstatic) – 4:28