From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hypostasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hypostatic or Hypostasis (from the Ancient Greek ὑπόστᾰσις) may refer to:
- Hypostatic abstraction (mathematics and logic)
- Hypostasis (linguistics), personification of entities
- Hypostatic gene, as a result of epistasis
- Hypostasis (philosophy and religion), the essence, or underlying reality
- Hypostasis (medicine), Livor mortis
- Hypostasis (personality), a psychological model, or theory, of personality masks
- Hypostatic union, Christian concept
- Holding current (electronics) known as the hypostatic
- Sediment in a liquid, including:
- Anthropomorphism, personification, also called hypostatization (hypostatisation), regarding or treating something as real
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hypostasis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.