From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hysteria in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hysteria, in its colloquial use, describes a state of mind, one of unmanageable fear or emotional excesses.
Hysteria may also refer to:
- Conversion disorder, a replacement for the term hysteria in formal diagnostic manuals
- Histrionic personality disorder, a replacement for the term hysteria in formal diagnostic manuals
- Female hysteria, a formerly common medical diagnosis, made exclusively in women, which is no longer recognized by modern medical authorities
- Discourse of the hysteric, one of psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan's Four discourses
- Hysteria (Def Leppard album), a 1987 album by Def Leppard
- "Hysteria" (Def Leppard song), the title track on the Def Leppard album
- Hysteria (The Human League album), a 1984 album
- "Hysteria" (Muse song), a song by the British band Muse
Television, film and theatre
- Hysteria (play), play by Terry Johnson
- Hysteria (1965 film), a British film directed by Freddie Francis
- Hysteria (2011 film), a British film directed by Tanya Wexler
- Histeria!, an animated series produced by Steven Spielberg for Warner Bros. Animation
- Hysteria, a fictional organism on the program Extraterrestrial
- Hysteria, a benefit comedy show for the Terrence Higgins Trust
- Hysteria (TV series), original series on Amazon Instant Video
- Hysteria Reinw. is a synonym of Corymborkis, an orchid genus
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hysteria.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.