Calderón with Brighton & Hove Albion in 2011
|Full name||Íñigo Calderón Zapatería|
|Date of birth||4 January 1982|
|Place of birth||Vitoria, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|Current club||Brighton & Hove Albion|
|2010–||Brighton & Hove Albion||137||(13)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:26, 30 November 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Álava, Basque Country, Calderón started his professional career with Alicante CF in Segunda División B, achieving two first-place finishes and one third during his three-year spell but seeing his team consecutively fail in the promotion play-offs.
In 2007, he moved to Deportivo Alavés (he had already represented its C and B-teams early in his career), playing in two Segunda División seasons – often serving as team captain – and suffering relegation in his second year.
Brighton & Hove Albion
On 7 January 2010, after a spell on trial, Calderón signed with Football League One team Brighton & Hove Albion on a contract until the end of the season. He made his club debut nine days later, in a 2–1 win at Walsall, and scored his first goal for the Seagulls in another away fixture (also 2–1 win), against Charlton Athletic on 23 February.
Calderón's offer of a new contract at Brighton was withdrawn after he agreed to join League One rivals Southampton in May 2010. However, on 10 June, the player signed a new three-year deal with Brighton, with manager Gus Poyet claiming "Calde is a quality player and was always our first-choice right-back...".
Calderón scored eight goals in the 2010–11 season, including a first-half strike in the 4–3 victory over Dagenham & Redbridge that helped Albion secure promotion to the Championship. He subsequently signed a one-year extension to his contract, keeping him at the club until 2014.
- Brighton & Hove Albion
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 8. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Dudding, Tim (7 January 2010). "Albion sign Spanish defender". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. Retrieved 7 January 2010.
- "Brighton & Hove Albion sign Inigo Calderon". BBC Sport. 7 January 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Walsall 1–2 Brighton". BBC Sport. 16 January 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Charlton 1–2 Brighton". BBC Sport. 23 February 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Gus Poyet withdraws contract offer to Inigo Calderon". BBC Sport. 8 May 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Calderon agrees Saints switch". Sky Sports. 9 May 2010. Retrieved 9 May 2010.
- Camillin, Paul (10 June 2010). "Calderon signs three-year deal". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- "PFA Divisional Awards: Npower League One". Professional Footballers' Association. 17 April 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iñigo Calderón.|