Iłownica, Silesian Voivodeship
Church in Iłownica
|• Mayor||Franciszek Marekwica|
|Area||7.775 km2 (3.002 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Iłownica [iwɔvˈnit͡sa] (German: Illownitz) is a village in Gmina Jasienica, Bielsko County, Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland. It has a population of 1,031 (2009). It lies in the historical region of Cieszyn Silesia, on the Iłownica River.
The village was first mentioned in a Latin document of Diocese of Wrocław called Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis from around 1305 as item in Gylownita. It meant that the village was in the process of location (the size of land to pay tithe from was not yet precised). The creation of the village was a part of a larger settlement campaign taking place in late 13th century on the territory of what will be later known as Upper Silesia.
Politically the village belonged initially to the Duchy of Teschen, formed in 1290 in the process of feudal fragmentation of Poland and was ruled by a local branch of Piast dynasty. In 1327 the duchy became a fee of Kingdom of Bohemia, which after 1526 became part of the Habsburg Monarchy.
- "Central Statistical Office (GUS) - TERYT (National Register of Territorial Land Apportionment Journal)" (in Polish). 2008-06-01.
- Panic, Idzi (2010). Śląsk Cieszyński w średniowieczu (do 1528) [Cieszyn Silesia in Middle Ages (until 1528)] (in Polish). Cieszyn: Starostwo Powiatowe w Cieszynie. p. 297-299. ISBN 978-83-926929-3-5.
- Schulte, Wilhelm (1889). Codex Diplomaticus Silesiae T.14 Liber Fundationis Episcopatus Vratislaviensis (in German). Breslau.
- "Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis" (in Latin). Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Polak, Jerzy (2011). Obrazki z dziejów gminy Jasienica. Cieszyn: Muzeum Śląska Cieszyńskiego. ISBN 978-83-922005-6-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iłownica, Silesian Voivodeship.|
|This Bielsko County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|