|Location||Şile and Maslak, Istanbul, Turkey|
|Athletics||Işık Sports Club - 4 Sports teams|
Işık University (Turkish: Işık Üniversitesi) is a private university located in Istanbul, Turkey. The university is a part of the Feyziye Schools Foundation which was established in Thessaloniki in 1885.
The history of (Feyziye Schools Foundation Işık Schools) Feyziye Mektepleri Vakfi Isik Okulları began on 14 December 1885 in the city of Thessaloniki, one of the most dynamic cities in the days of the Ottoman Empire, with the establishment of Feyz-i Sıbyn School.
The school has gone through enormous expansion, including Şemsi Efendi School - the school where Mustafa Kemal Atatürk received his initial education. Following the Balkan Wars when Thessaloniki became part of Greece, Feyziye School moved its operations to Istanbul and continued its pursuit in educational excellence in Nişantaşı Naciye Sultan Mansion.
In 1935 during the 50th anniversary of the School, the name was changed from "Feyziye" to "Işık" (which means "light" in Turkish) with the blessings of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
In 1986, the Foundation completed its Maslak campus, in order to meet the need for educational institutions. Finally, in the beginning of the 1996-1997 academic year, Işık University was launched in the Maslak Campus, starting a new page in the history of the Foundation.
Işık University operates in two campuses. The Maslak campus is located in one of the business centers of Istanbul. The Şile campus, located 50 km (31 mi) out of Istanbul, opened its doors in 2003. The Şile campus has been planned as a complete “educational campus” with dormitories, social facilities, and educational and administrative buildings situated in an area of 600 acres (2.4 km²). In 2005 summer, most of the university's academic and administrative departments (including the rector) moved to the Şile campus. Faculty of Fine Arts is located in Maslak Campus. Three faculties (Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences) and two institutes (Institute of Science and Engineering and Institute of Social Sciences) are located in Şile Campus.
University Governance 
Faculties and Departments 
The faculties, institutes and departments of the university are
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mathematics Engineering
- Department of Software Engineering
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mathematical Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Information Technologies
- Department of Management Information Systems
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences
- Department of Management
- Department of International Trade
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Sciences
- Department of International Relations
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Department of Graphic Arts and Graphical Design
- Department of Visual Arts
- Department of Interior Architecture
- Department of Industrial and Industrial Products Design
- Department of Fashion and Textile Design
- Institute of Science and Engineering
- Computer Engineering Programme (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Electronics Engineering Programme (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Mathematics Programme (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Information Technologies Programme (M.S.)
- Physics Programme (M.S.)
- Institute of Social Sciences
- Management Programme (M.A.)
- Management Information Systems Programme (M.S.)
- Middle East Studies Programme (M.A.)
- Contemporary Business Administration Programme (Ph.D.)
Işık University was originally founded by the Dönmeh community in Thessaloniki in the last quarter of the 19th century.
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Işık Üniversitesi|
- Işık University official web site
- F.M.V. Işık Schools and Işık University Alumni Communication and Union Site
- Society of Işık Students and Alumni
- F.M.V. Işık Schools official web site
- Işık University orientation program site