I'll Be There (2010 film)
|I'll Be There|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Maryo J. Delos Reyes|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Box office||₱41 million|
The film had international screenings in select cities in the United States such as San Francisco, CA, Milpitas, CA, Cerritos, CA, Ontario, CA, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA, Honolulu, HI, Las Vegas, NV, and Bergenfield, NJ.
The story revolves around Maxi dela Cerna, a young, aspiring New York-based fashion designer who returns to the Philippines shortly after her mother’s death to find her father. She had been swindled by her ex-boyfriend and hopes to pay off her debts by selling the piece of provincial land that her parents co-owned. But this means spending time with her father whom she hates for walking out on her and her mother 15 years ago. As the uptight and guarded Maxi struggles to immerse herself in farm life and deal with a father she despises, she crosses paths again with Tommy, her childhood friend, now an architect who is trying to heal from his own mistakes in the past with his 7-year-old son.
- Gabby Concepcion as Poch dela Cena
- KC Concepcion as Maxi/Mina dela Cena
- Jericho Rosales as Tommy Santibanez
- Gee-Ann Abrahan as Sheila
- Celia Rodriguez as Conching Collins
- Luz Valdez as Bebang
- Mickey Ferriols as Teresa
- Cacai Bautista as Honey
- Ikey Canoy as Oscar
- Empress Schuck as Portia
- Bugoy Cariño as Pio
- Sheila Marie Rodriguez as Melissa
The film only garnered a total of ₱21.7 million on its first five days in theaters. The film ranked number 3 in the Philippine Box Office falling behind The Karate Kid and Toy Story 3, according to Box Office Mojo.
- Sibonga, Glen (25 March 2010). "Father and daughter Gabby and KC Concepcion finally together in a movie" (in Tagalog). Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 8 April 2010.
- I'll Be There Full Movie Trailer (starring KC & Gabby Concepcion and Jericho Rosales) on YouTube
- Box Office Mojo (June 16-20)