I'll Kiss Your Memory
|"I'll Kiss Your Memory"|
|Single by Barry Gibb|
|Recorded||15, 20 February 1970
IBC Studios, London
|Genre||Country, gospel, folk pop|
Atco (United States, Canada)
|Barry Gibb singles chronology|
"I'll Kiss Your Memory" is the first solo single written, performed and produced by Barry Gibb released in May 1970 with "This Time". It is the first solo single issued by Gibb, and it peaked at number 16 in the Netherlands, in two weeks.
The song features an echo vocal with an arrangement of orchestra by Bill Shepherd. This song was recorded in IBC Studios in February 15 and finished in February 20 with "The Victim", "Moonlight" and "Summer Ends".
"It's not the same orchestra as we used with the Bee Gees", Gibb explained, "But Bill Shepherd is the only arranger I'll ever work with. On the single ['I'll Kiss Your Memory'] I double-tracked my voice seven times, because I knew exactly how I wanted everything done."
"I'll Kiss Your Memory" was a country ballad in the mold of Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey". It was released in the U.K. and the U.S, but did not chart. He recorded this song in February 15 and it was finished in February 20. Like the Bee Gees' songs from 1967 to 1972, this single was released on Polydor Records in United Kingdom and Atco Records in United States. The CD version of the song was available in the compilation Tales from the Brothers Gibb.
This track's stereo mix was released in 1974 on I've Gotta Get a Message to You (1974).
His next single, "One Bad Thing" was proposed to released in the same year with "The Day Your Eyes Meet Mine" as the flipside but was also not charted. His third single, "A Day in the Life", originally by The Beatles was released in 1978 on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was also not charted.
- Barry Gibb – lead and harmony vocals, rhythm guitar
- Bill Shepherd – orchestra and strings arrangement
- Uncredited – bass, drums
|Netherlands Dutch Top 40||16|
- "Barry Gibb - I'll Kiss Your Memory / This Time". Discogs. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Songs Written by the Gibb Family on the International Charts - Brothersgibb.org
- "Barry Gibb - I'll Kiss Your Memory". Dutch Charts. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Barry Gibb - The Kid's No Good". Discogs. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Brennan, Joseph. "Gibb Songs: 1970". Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Andrew Hughes. The Bee Gees: Tales of the Brothers Gibb. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Brennan, Joseph. "Gibb Songs: 1974". Retrieved 8 March 2013.