I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! (U.S. TV series)
|I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!|
Series premiere print advertisement
|Presented by||John Lehr (2003)
Damien Fahey (2009)
Myleene Klass (2009)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Running time||60mins (live regular)
120mins (live premiere)
|Original channel||ABC (2003)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),
|Original run||February 19, 2003
– March 5, 2003 ;|
June 1, 2009 – June 24, 2009
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! (often referred to as I'm a Celebrity) is an American reality television series based on the British television show of the same name, in which celebrities live in jungle conditions with few comforts.
The series is produced by ITV, Independent Television, a British company, and was picked up from ABC, which aired in early 2003. The new series, shown on NBC, ran for 14 episodes, and followed the same format as the United Kingdom version of the same show. On March 8, 2010, NBC announced that there would not be a third season.
- Third place
- Left due to reasons other than eviction (walking out/illness etc)
- Late arrival.
The first season had 10 contestants. It aired nightly from February 19, 2003 to March 5, 2003 on ABC. John Lehr was the host from the Australian outback. The time differential created serious issues with the live feed.
|Cris Judd||Actor & Choreographer|
|Melissa Rivers||TV Host|
|Stuttering John Melendez||Radio Personality|
|Bruce Jenner||Olympic Gold Medalist & Reality Star|
|Downtown Julie Brown||MTV VJ|
|Nikki Ziering||Model & Actress|
|Maria Conchita Alonso||Actress & Singer|
|Alana Stewart||Actress & Model|
|Robin Leach||TV Reporter & Host|
NBC picked up the former ABC show. It aired for 14 episodes and followed the UK's format. The series premiered with a two-hour episode 8-10 PM EDT on June 1, 2009. It aired with a two-hour episode every Monday 8-10 PM aired 8-9 PM EDT Tuesday through Thursday until its June 24 finale. MTV subsequently showed a marathon (adding unaired footage and commentary from cast members) of the preceding week's episodes on Sundays. The location of the second season is the jungle of Costa Rica. Lou Diamond Phillips won in which, according to Damien Fahey, was a close vote between him and Torrie.
|Lou Diamond Phillips||Actor|
|Torrie Wilson||WWE Diva & Cover Model|
|John Salley||NBA Legend & Fox Sports Net Host|
|Patti Blagojevich||Former First Lady of Illinois|
|Sanjaya Malakar||Pop Star, American Idol|
|Holly Montag||TV Star, The Hills|
|Stephen Baldwin||Actor & Author|
|Daniel Baldwin||Actor & Director|
|Heidi Montag||The Hills Star|
|Spencer Pratt||Reality TV Star, The Hills|
|Frances Callier||Actress & Comedienne, Frangela|
|Angela V. Shelton||Actress & Comedienne, Frangela|
- Breaking News - NBC Fills in More of Summer Lineup | TheFutonCritic.com
- Hibberd, James (March 12, 2009). "NBC's summer schedule revealed: 'Philanthropist,' 'Merlin,' 'Celebrity,' Conan and more". The Live Feed.
- Lou Diamond Phillips on 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!'? You're better than that! (Right?)
- Korecki, Natasha (May 19, 2009). "Patti Blagojevich expected to star in reality show". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Sanjaya Joins An Already VFTW Filled Cast on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here"
- Holly Montag joining I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here
- I'm a Celebrity... Get Me out of Here! (2009–present) at the Internet Movie Database
- I'm a Celebrity... Get Me out of Here! (2003) at the Internet Movie Database