I'm in You
|I'm in You|
|Studio album by Peter Frampton|
|Released||28 May 1977|
|Recorded||November 1976 – April 1977, Electric Lady Studios, Greenwich Village, New York
The Record Plant, New York City
The Hit Factory, New York City
|Peter Frampton chronology|
|Rolling Stone||(not rated)|
I'm in You is Peter Frampton's fifth studio album, released in 1977.
"I'm In You" was released almost a year and a half after his well-received 1976 album, Frampton Comes Alive!  It was recorded it at Electric Lady Studios in New York, where Frampton's Camel had been recorded four years earlier.
I'm in You rose to the No. 2 slot in the US on the Billboard album charts. In Canada, the album entered the chart directly at #1. The title track became his most successful single yet, and the album and same-titled single reached platinum and #2, respectively. On the Cash Box singles chart, I'm in You reached No. 1, as it also did in Canada.
All tracks composed by Peter Frampton; except where indicated:
- "I'm in You" – 4:10
- "(Putting My) Heart on the Line" – 3:42
- "St. Thomas (Don't You Know How I Feel)" – 4:15
- "Won't You Be My Friend" – 8:10
- "You Don't Have to Worry" – 5:16
- "Tried to Love" – 4:27
- "Rocky's Hot Club" – 3:25
- "(I'm A) Road Runner" – 3:40 (Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, Edward Holland, Jr.)
- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" – 3:54 (Lee Garrett, Lula Mae Hardaway, Stevie Wonder, Syreeta Wright)
|1977||US Billboard Pop Albums||2|
|1977||Canadian RPM Albums Chart||1|
|1977||"I'm in You"||US Billboard Pop Singles||2|
|1977||"I'm in You"||US Cash Box||1|
|1977||"I'm in You"||Canadian Singles Chart||1|
|1977||"Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"||US Billboard Pop Singles||18|
|1977||"Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"||US Cash Box||13|
|1977||"Tried To Love"||US Billboard Pop Singles||41|
|1977||"Tried To Love"||US Cash Box||57|
|RIAA – USA||Platinum 1x||15 January 1978|
- Peter Frampton – electric guitars, [acoustic guitars]],slide guitar, bass guitar, piano, organ, Moog synthesizer, minimoog, ARP String Synthesizer, clavinet, harmonica, drums, percussion, vocals, talk box
- Bob Mayo – organ, Hammond B-3, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer, ARP String Synthesizer, clavinet, melodica, electric piano, piano, Fender Rhodes, accordion, guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Stanley Sheldon – bass guitar, backing vocals
- John Siomos – drums, percussion, tambourine
- Richie Hayward – drums, percussion, congas on "St. Thomas (Don't You Know How I Feel)" and "Won't You Be My Friend" and "Tried To Love"
- Stevie Wonder – harmonica on "Rocky's Hot Club"
- Mick Jagger – backing vocals on "I'm in You" and "Tried to Love"
- Mike Finnigan – backing vocals on "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)"
- Ringo Starr – drums, percussion
- Prouducers: Peter Frampton, Chris Kimsey, Bob Mayo, Frankie D'Augusta
- Engineers: Peter Frampton, Chris Kimsey, Bob Mayo, Frankie D'Augusta
- Mixing: Peter Frampton, Chris Kimsey, Bob Mayo, Frankie D'Augusta
- Mastering: George Marino, Doug Sax, Arnie Acosta
- Art Direction: Vartan, Roland Young, Ryan Rogers
- Photography: Neal Preston, Irving Penn
- Supervisor: Beth Stempel, Bill Levenson
- Coordinator: Beth Stempel, Bill Levenson
- Management: Dee Anthony
- Eder, Bruce. I'm in You at AllMusic
- Library and Archives Canada. http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/rpm/028020-119.01-e.php?brws_s=1&file_num=nlc008388.5250a&type=1&interval=24&PHPSESSID=7in04kanj2n5jqqsj4erg10u03