I'm in You
|I'm in You|
|Studio album by Peter Frampton|
|Released||28 May 1977|
|Recorded||November 1976 – April 1977, Electric Lady Studios, Greenwich Village, New York
The Record Plant, New York City
The Hit Factory, New York City
|Peter Frampton chronology|
|Rolling Stone||(not rated)|
I'm in You is the fifth studio album by Peter Frampton, released in 1977. Frampton returned from touring in 1976 to record this album. As indicated in the liner notes for the album, Stevie Wonder is also featured.
||This section contains weasel words: vague phrasing that often accompanies biased or unverifiable information. (March 2012)|
Under pressure to deliver a studio follow-up to one of the biggest selling albums in the history of recorded music, Frampton faced a virtually impossible task. He came up with the album I'm in You, recording it at Electric Lady Studios in New York, where Frampton's Camel had been recorded four years earlier, with Frampton demanding bodyguards to protect him from overzealous fans who were going to disrupt the recordings.
Seven million albums later, he had become a solid lightweight rocker who had set sales records and who would soon find himself welcoming Stevie Wonder, Richie Hayward, Mike Finnigan, Ringo Starr, and Mick Jagger into the studio for his follow-up album.
I'm in You rose to the No. 2 slot in the US on the Billboard album charts. In Canada, the album entered the chart directly at #1. The title track became his most successful single yet, and the album and same-titled single reached platinum and #2, respectively. On the Cash Box singles chart, I'm in You reached No. 1, as it also did in Canada.
The song "Rocky's Hot Club" was a novelty song written about Frampton's dog Rocky, who lay across his lap as he wrote the song. On the track Frampton plays harmonica and guitar, and Stevie Wonder also plays harmonica.
All tracks composed by Peter Frampton; except where indicated
- "I'm in You" – 4:10
- "(Putting My) Heart on the Line" – 3:42
- "St. Thomas (Don't You Know How I Feel)" – 4:15
- "Won't You Be My Friend" – 8:10
- "You Don't Have to Worry" – 5:16
- "Tried to Love" – 4:27
- "Rocky's Hot Club" – 3:25
- "(I'm A) Road Runner" – 3:40 (Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, Edward Holland, Jr.)
- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" – 3:54 (Lee Garrett, Lula Mae Hardaway, Stevie Wonder, Syreeta Wright)
- Peter Frampton – double bass, bass guitar, fretless bass, fretless guitar, guitar, slide guitar, jazz guitar, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, organ, Moog synthesizer, minimoog, ARP String Synthesizer, clavinet, keyboards, harmonica, drums, percussion, vocals, talk box
- Bob Mayo – organ, Hammond B-3, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer, ARP String Synthesizer, clavinet, melodica, electric piano, piano, Fender Rhodes, accordion, keyboards, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Stanley Sheldon – bass guitar, double bass, fender bass, fretless bass, jazz bass, vocals
- John Siomos – drums, percussion, tambourine
- Richie Hayward – drums, percussion, congas on "St. Thomas (Don't You Know How I Feel)" and "Won't You Be My Friend" and "Tried To Love"
- Stevie Wonder – harmonica on "Rocky's Hot Club"
- Mick Jagger – backing vocals on "I'm in You" and "Tried to Love"
- Mike Finnigan – backing vocals on "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)"
- Ringo Starr – drums, percussion
- Prouducers: Peter Frampton, Chris Kimsey, Bob Mayo, Frankie D'Augusta
- Engineers: Peter Frampton, Chris Kimsey, Bob Mayo, Frankie D'Augusta
- Mixing: Peter Frampton, Chris Kimsey, Bob Mayo, Frankie D'Augusta
- Mastering: George Marino, Doug Sax, Arnie Acosta
- Art Direction: Vartan, Roland Young, Ryan Rogers
- Photography: Neal Preston, Irving Penn
- Supervisor: Beth Stempel, Bill Levenson
- Coordinator: Beth Stempel, Bill Levenson
- Management: Dee Anthony
|1977||US Billboard Pop Albums||2|
|1977||Canadian RPM Albums Chart||1|
|1977||"I'm in You"||US Billboard Pop Singles||2|
|1977||"I'm in You"||US Cash Box||1|
|1977||"I'm in You"||Canadian Singles Chart||1|
|1977||"Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"||US Billboard Pop Singles||18|
|1977||"Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours"||US Cash Box||13|
|1977||"Tried To Love"||US Billboard Pop Singles||41|
|1977||"Tried To Love"||US Cash Box||57|
|RIAA – USA||Platinum 1x||15 January 1978|
- Eder, Bruce. I'm in You at AllMusic
- Library and Archives Canada. http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/rpm/028020-119.01-e.php?brws_s=1&file_num=nlc008388.5250a&type=1&interval=24&PHPSESSID=7in04kanj2n5jqqsj4erg10u03