I'm on a Roll
|"I'm on a Roll"|
|Single by Stefano featuring New Boyz and Rock Mafia|
|Released||April 24, 2012|
A Spanish-language version of the song, titled "Ando En Mi Rol", was also released alongside the main version.
In January 2012, Stefano was signed to Hollywood Records. In April, Stefano announced he would be releasing a new single. His album was to debut in September, but was eventually shelved as Langone was dropped from Hollywood Records in 2013.
The music video was released on May 24, 2012. It was directed by Mickey Finnegan and was filmed at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. American Idol ally Casey Abrams appears in a cameo as a homeless person.
The concept of the video basically follows the lyrical content of the song about luck. It starts off with Stefano waking up in bed and later on having a breakdown with his car. After steering it all the way to a vehicle service to tow away, a stranger with a Ferrari mistakes Stefano for a valet and gives him his keys. As Stefano drives away, a homeless person (Abrams) calls after him. At a traffic stop, he receives exclusive tickets to a private club where he lies down near the pool and gets later invited by a womanizer to join him being massaged by women. As Ben J from the New Boyz appears in the video to rap his solo, Stefano is seen with people who have a pillow fight in the background. Towards the end of the song, Stefano returns the car keys of the Ferrari to the stranger, who gives him a tip. With the tip, Stefano pays the vehicle service for bringing back his car only to remember that the engine of his car is still blown.
Jessica Sager from PopCrush gave the song three and a half stars out of five, saying "despite being an uptempo dance song, the track still manages to showcase his impressive and powerful range." She also compared the song to music Katy Perry and LMFAO would perform.
The song debuted with sales of 20,000 for its first week.
|United States||April 24, 2012||Digital download|
- "'Idol' singer Stefano Langone signs with Hollywood Records". Content.usatoday.com. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- Barrett, Annie (2012-04-13). "American Idol news: | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- 'American Idol' Alum Stefano Langone 'Not Surprised' By Judges' Exits - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com
- Stefano Releases “I’m On A Roll” Music Video. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Parker, Lyndsey (2012-04-20). "Stefano Langone Drops His Last Name, Drops Debut Single | Reality Rocks (New) - Yahoo! Music". Ca.music.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- "Stefano Langone, ‘I’m On a Roll’ Feat. New Boyz, Rock Mafia – Song Review". Popcrush.com. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2012-05-17.
- Mansfield, Brian (2012-05-02). "Clarkson, Underwood dominate 'Idol' track sales". Idol Chatter. USA Today. Retrieved May 3, 2012.