I, Me Aur Main
|I, Me Aur Main|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kapil Sharma|
|Produced by||Goldie Behl
Shrishti Behl Arya
|Music by||Falak Shabir
|Distributed by||Reliance Entertainment|
|Box office||8 crore (US$1.3 million)
I, Me aur Main (English: Me, Myself and I) is a Bollywood romance drama film directed by debut film director Kapil Sharma. The film features John Abraham, Prachi Desai and Chitrangada Singh in lead roles. It was released on 1 March 2013, the movie flopped on box office.
Ishaan (John Abraham) a charismatic, good-looking music producer from Mumbai, lives a sheltered existence as the apple of his mother's (Zarina Wahab) eye, always protected by his elder sister Shivani (Mini Mathur). He stays at his girlfriend Anushka's (Chitrangda Singh) house and takes them all for granted. One day Anushka sends him out of her house due to his irresponsibilities about their marriage. His new neighbour Gauri (Prachi Desai) comes into his life and he begins to fall in love with Gauri. Ishaan is forced out of company and Gauri encourages him to start his own music company. While Ishaan is working on his music, Anushka is pregnant with his child but decides not to tell him due to him being irresponsible. Then Gauri gets a scholarship to Paris and Ishaan and Gauri decide to live there after his big launch. On the day of the launch, Anushka starts having contractions and Ishaan realizing his responsibilities, takes Anushka to the hospital where they have a baby girl. Gauri leaves for Paris understanding what is happening. 8 months later, Ishaan and his baby girl Diya are talking to Gauri who is returning soon, While Anushska is happily married to another guy.
- John Abraham as Ishaan Sabharwal
- Prachi Desai as Gauri Dandekar
- Chitrangada Singh as Anushka Lal
- Zarina Wahab as Nisha Sabharwal
- Errol Peter Marks as Tarun Mehra
- Raima Sen as Beena Chandok
- Sameer Soni in a special appearance
- Sheena Shahabadi as Amala
- Deepti Gujral as Mrinalini
- Mini Mathur as Shivani
- Sai Gundewar as Rafiq
- Amar Talwar as Mr. Sabharwal
- Micky Makhija as Mr. Narayan
- Mukul Chadda as Adil
- Arlette Evita Grao as Shona
- Prianca Sharma as Taruni
- Yugesh Anil as Gauri's friend
- Gyanesh as Mr Akshay Tanwar
The film received mixed reviews from critics. Alisha Coelho of in.com gave the film 3.5 stars out of 5 and said that the movie was "proof that a movie with John Abraham as the lead can be your time and money's worth and that Bollywood can (if it tried) make love stories that don't defy common sense and good taste." Nishi Tiwari for Rediff.com has given the film 2/5 stars and says I, Me Aur Main has its moments but falters badly with its plot.
I, Me, Aur Main opened to poor collections, the film had little growth on the weekend, but the collections were still low and was eventually declared a flop.
|I, Me Aur Main|
|Soundtrack album by Sachin - Jigar|
|Released||1 March 2013|
|Sachin - Jigar chronology|
The album consists of 7 tracks which have been composed by 4 different musicians - Sachin - Jigar, Gourov Dasgupta, Pakistani artist: Falak Shabir & Raghav Sachar. Musicperk.com rated the album 7.5/10 quoting "Saajna, Naa Jaane, Darbadar, Meri Jaaniye are the picks of the album".[unreliable source?] the track "Capuchino" was a rip-off from the original song 'I'm shippin off to Boston' and the track "Na Jaane" is a rip-off of "Part-Time Lover" a 1985 single by Stevie Wonder, from his album In Square Circle.
|1.||"Na Jaane"||Neeraj Shridhar, Anushka Manchanda||3:11|
|3.||"Saajna (Unplugged)"||Falak Shabir||5:01|
|5.||"Darbadar"||Monali Thakur. Backing vocals: Divya Kumar, Harshit Chouhan, Altamash, Shaadab||3:26|
|6.||"Nasha Nasha"||Neha Bhasin||3:44|
|7.||"Meri Jaaniye"||Shaan, Monali Thakur||4:42|
- "Kapil Sharma to make his directorial debut". Times of India. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "John with five beauties in 'I, Me Aur Main'". Mid-day. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "Reliance Entertainment to release I Me Aur Main". Indiantelevision.com. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "Dubbing of I Me Aur Main". Box Office India. November 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- Alisha Coelho. "Review: I Me Aur Main is a pleasant surprise". in.com. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- Nishi Tiwari. "Review: I Me Aur Main leaves a lot to be desired". Rediff.com. Retrieved 1 March 2013.