I, Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi (I Like You Very Much)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008)|
"I, Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi (I Like You Very Much)" is a 1941 song. It was written for the 1941 film, That Night in Rio, and was popularized by Carmen Miranda. The lyrics were written by Mack Gordon and the music by Harry Warren.
Covers and performances
- The song was recorded by The Andrews Sisters on January 7, 1941.
- The 1943 Our Gang comedy Calling All Kids included a performance of this song by Janet Burston, who was impersonating Carmen Miranda.
- The singer Rita Lee recorded a Cover version in the 1980s.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks covered this song along with "Cunato Le Gusta" for their 1987 film The Chipmunk Adventure and its soundtrack.
- Carol Channing sang this song when she appeared on "The Muppet Show".
- Adrienne Barbeau sang this song as her character Carol Traynor on the sitcom "Maude
Other appearances in pop culture
- The song makes an appearance in the series finale of the 1967-68 British television series, The Prisoner, then in an advert for Kellogg's Fruit 'n Fibre in 1996, and was used in a sequence for the Futurama movie The Beast with a Billion Backs (2008).
|This 1940s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|