I-1K is a spacecraft platform or bus developed by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), and marketed by Antrix Corporation. I-1K spacecraft bus is designed to be compatible with lightweight GEO satellites which weigh in range 1,050 - 1,100 kg. I-1K bus are commonly used for meteorological satellites. The mass of I-1K satellite bus is 100 kg. I-1K spacecraft bus can supply DC power up to 1000W. I stands for INSAT.
List of satellites launched using I-1K platform
Features of I-1K
INSAT-1000 bus can be used for satellites in light weight category (mass ranging between 1050-1100 kg). The average transponder life is 7 years which can be extended up to 12 years. It can provide power supply up to 1000 watts. Its payload mass is less than 100 kg.
- "Antrix Corporation - Communication Satellites And Platforms". Antrix Corporation Limited. 2010. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "SPACECRAFT SYSTEMS AND SUB SYSTEMS". Antrix Corporation. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "ISRO: I-1K (I-1000) Bus". skyrocket.de. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "Mars Orbiter Spacecraft". ISRO. January 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "INSAT 1000 spacecraft bus". Antrix Corporation. p. 2. Retrieved December 30, 2013.