||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2014)|
|Motto in English||Pragmatic and Innovative|
|Established||1986 (as Kaohsiung Polytechnic Institute)
1997 (as ISU)
|President||Dr. Jei-fu Shaw (蕭介夫)|
|Vice-president||Mr. Jih-rong Yen (顏志榮)
Dr. Julia L. Lin (林麗娟)
|Provost||Dr. Jaw-Min Chou (周兆民)|
|Dean||Dr. Chin-wen Chuang (莊景文)
Dr. Chih-sheng Ku (古志生)
Dr. Tai-kuang Peng (彭台光)
Dr. Kuo-hsiang Chen (陳國祥)
Dr. Julia L. Lin (林麗娟)
Dr. Pen-shui Liao (廖本瑞)
Dr. Chao-tien Hsu (許朝添)
Dr. Jie-shing Lin (林皆興)
|Founder||Mr. I-shou Lin(林義守)|
No. 8, Yida Rd.,
Kaoshiung City 82445,
|Former names||Kaohsiung Polytechnic Institute (高雄工學院)|
I-Shou University (ISU; Chinese: 義守大學; pinyin: Yìshǒu Dàxué) is a private university located in Dashu District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. ISU currently has 8 colleges, 41 departments, 18 master's programs, and 7 doctoral programs. The Division of Continuing Education has 16 undergraduate programs, 10 in-service master's programs, 2 two-year in-service programs, and 3 bachelor's degree programs for indigenous peoples. ISU has an R.O.C-nationality student body of some 16,000 and international student based on at least 2,000 per year, as well as 563 full-time faculty members.
ISU was originally founded in 1986 as Kaohsiung Polytechnic Institute (Chinese: 高雄工學院) by Mr. I-shou Lin, Chairman of the E United Group. It started to recruit students in 1990, and was later renamed in 1997 as I-Shou University.
- 1986：Kaohsiung Polytechnic Institute was founded.
- 1990：Initial student recruitment.
- 1997：The Institute was renamed as I-Shou University.
- 2009：The International College was established in order to provide students to learn in an English-speaking environment.
- 2011：The College of Communication and Design and The College of Tourism and Hospitality were established.
- 2012：Initial student recruitment for the Indigenous Program of the College of Communication & Design and the Indigenous Program of the College of Tourism & Hospitality.
- 2013：Initial student recruitment for the School of Medicine for International Students. The College of Medicine was found.
The total number of international students in the Academic Year 2012 was 366 (321 undergraduate students, 44 master's students and one PhD student).
- Overseas Compatriot Students and Hong Kong & Macau Students: The total number of overseas compatriot students and Hong Kong & Macau students in the Academic Year 2012 was 205.
- Students from Mainland China: The total number of degree students from mainland China in the Academic Year 2012 was 38.
Search & Discovery published on a regular basis, reports the latest R&D achievements of ISU and E-Da Hospital, including medicine, technology, nano science and metals.