||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2008)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2012)|
|Founder(s)||Pierre De Muelenaere|
IRIS: Image recognition integrated systems is a computer software company that provides text recognition and document management products and services. IRIS is headquartered in Louvain-la-Neuve, in Belgium.
IRIS was created by Pierre De Muelenaere in April 1987 to commercialize the results of his Ph.D. thesis at the Université Catholique de Louvain. The first product of the company, Texiris 1.0, was a commercial version of the prototype optical character recognition system designed at the University, based on dedicated hardware and recognition software that could install on an IBM PC.
IRIS licenses its technologies to major such as HP, Kodak, Samsung, and Adobe. It distributed products to more than 900 customers in more than 50 countries. The company is listed on the stock market since 1999. It has been profitable since 1991. In 2007, the revenue of IRIS Group was 95.062.297€. I.R.I.S. has more than 500 employees based in Louvain-la-Neuve and Brussels (Belgium), Orly (France), Windhof (Luxembourg), Amsterdam and Maastricht (The Netherlands), Aachen (Germany), Delray Beach (USA) and Hong-Kong (China).
- Readiris Pro: A software that makes optical text recognition (OCR)
- IRISPen: A pen scanner to scan and recognizes text in books, magazines.
- IRISCard: A handheld scanner to scan and recognize business cards.
- IRISCan: An A4 portable and color scanner with its extended software suite.
- IRISPdf: software to process large volumes of documents either on a single workstation or on a server using images coming from multiple workstations.
Business products and services
I.R.I.S. Professional Solutions provides products and services in the fields of production scanning, invoice reading, automatic document reading, document management, storage and archiving, security through biometrics. These include:
- IRISPowerscan: High-speed scanning, separation and indexing + export to multiple output formats
- IRISDocument: Conversion of images to multiple output formats such as searcheable PDF, XPS, DOC and to Microsoft Sharepoint
- IRISCapture Pro for Invoices: Invoice recognition
- IRISCapture Pro Sort & Index: Freeform indexing on every form type
- IRISCapture Pro for Forms: Forms recognition (Barcodes, OCR, OCR, checkboxes, ICR)
- IRISCard for CRM: Business card recognition and export to Microsoft CRM