|Launched||April 5, 1993|
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Latin America/Time Warner|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Broadcast area||Latin America|
|Directv (Latin America)||520|
I.Sat (contraction of the Spanish phrase Imagen satelital, which means "Satellite image") is an Argentine cable television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting System Latin America and Time Warner. It airs movies, series, music and shows focused on people aged 18 to 39. It is headquartered in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
It is broadcast on the satellite PAS 9 and is broadcast by most cable television companies in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
The channel has a dedicated feed for Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, and until November 2012, a dedicated feed for Brazil, which is now covered by the channel's pan-regional feed.
Until 2007, the channel was owned by "Claxson Interactive Group Latin America & Iberia" (which was a subsidiary of the Venezuelan-based Cisneros Group) but that year the channel, along with Retro and Space, is bought by Turner Broadcasting System. It aired different programming on different blocks, such as "Primer Plano I.Sat" (foreign movies), "Cine Argentino Independiente" (independent Argentine films), "Asian Connection" (Asian films), and "Cortos I-Sat" (short films).
In 2007 it changed its programming from being a 24-hour movies channel to have movies, series, shows, documentary series, music and some others. Some current programming includes Little Britain, Raising Hope, Misfits, and others.
Current programming blocks
- Asian Connection. Asian films.
- BritTV. British shows and series from BBC and Channel 4.
- Cine Argentino Independiente. Argentine independent films.
- Cortos I.Sat. Short films.
- I.Films. Featured movies with monthly premieres.
- I.Series. Series, shows and reality series.
- Primer Plano I.Sat. International Independent films.
Former programming blocks
- Comedy Central. Programming block with series from the TV channel Comedy Central. Discontinued in 2004.
- Cine Zeta. Films with poor ratings or reviews. Discontinued in 2005.
- Sexorama. Softcore films. Discontinued in 2008.
- Cuentos de terror. Terror stories narrated by Alberto Laiseca. Discontinued in 2008.
- Adult Swim. It airs cartoons and anime series for adults. Discontinued in 2011.
- Adventure Time
- Arrested Development
- As If
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Cha Cha Cha
- Come Fly with Me
- Cock'd Gunns
- Dharma and Greg
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- Little Britain
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Peep Show
- Raising Hope
- Running Wilde
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl
- Shameless (U.S. version)
- Six Feet Under
- Sugar Rush
- The Basement Sessions
- The Borgias
- The IT Crowd
- The Mighty Boosh
- The Mind of the Married Man
- The Office
- The Whitest Kids U' Know
- Trigger Happy TV
- Trust Me
- Veronica Mars