I. G. Brown
|I. G. Brown|
Major General I. G. Brown
June 11, 1915|
Hot Springs, Arkansas
|Died||September 26, 1978
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Commands held||Director, Air National Guard|
I. G. Brown (June 11, 1915 – September 26, 1978) was the First Director, Air National Guard (the former title "Assistant Chief, National Guard Bureau for Air" was changed in 1969) August 6, 1969 – April 19, 1974.
"The Training and Education Center was established in 1968 as the I.G. Brown Professional Military Education Center, named in honor of the first Director of the Air National Guard, Maj. Gen. I.G. Brown. In 1998, its name was changed to The I.G. Brown Air National Guard Training and Education Center."
Command Excellence Trophy
Major general I.G. Brown command excellence trophy recipients
Region 3: Colonel Wendy K. Johnson, Commander, 155th Mission Support Group, Nebraska Air National Guard Region 4: Colonel Roger E. Williams, Jr., Commander, 145th Operations Group, North Carolina Air National Guard Region 6: Colonel Christopher R. Alderdice, Commander, 122nd Maintenance Group, Indiana Air National Guard
Lt Col William G. Siddoway - Region 1 Chapter 9 - 169th Intelligence Squadron, Salt Lake City, Utah Col James R. Summers - Region 2 Chapter 54 - 189th AW/CC, Little Rock, AR Lt Col Steven H. Plamann - Region 3 Chapter 76 - 155th OSF/CC, Lincoln, NE Brig Gen Iwan B. Clontz - Region 4 Chapter 7 - JFHQ-NC/AAGA, Raleigh, NC Lt Col Robert P. Lemieux - Region 5 Chapter 88 - ANGRC/CV, Andrews AFB, MD Capt James E. Robinson - Region 6 Chapter 75 - 183rd SFS CC, Springfield, IL
Notes and references
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on Armed Services (1972), Hearings, retrieved 30 Dec 2011
- CMSgt Arthur H. Hafner, Retired, Major General I. G. Brown The First Director, Air National Guard and Founder of the I. G. Brown ANG TEC, retrieved 30 Dec 2011
- National Guard Association of the United States (1978), "Official proceedings", digitized 11 Aug 2009 (The Association) 100, retrieved 30 Dec 2011
- In 1946, then Lt. Col. Brown, temporarily retired, was elected Sheriff of Garland County, Arkansas on the independent "GI" reform ticket. During his 4-year term, illegal gambling operations were closed down and a number of corrupt officials from the previous political "machine", including the former mayor of 25 years, Leo P. McLaughlin, were arrested and prosecuted. Brown did not seek re-election and returned to active duty in 1951 shortly after leaving office. "Active Major Command and ANG Leaders", Air Force Magazine (Air Force Association), May 2011: 106, retrieved 20 December 2011
- "THE I.G. BROWN AIR NATIONAL GUARD TRAINING AND EDUCATION CENTER". Air National Guard Training and Education Center. Retrieved 24 Dec 2011.
- "2011 MAJOR GENERAL I.G. BROWN COMMAND EXCELLENCE TROPHY RECIPIENTS". Retrieved 24 Dec 2011.
- "Major General I.G. Brown Command Excellence Award Recipients". Retrieved 24 Dec 2011.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)|
Maj. Gen. Winston P. Wilson
|Director of the United States Air National Guard
April 1974 - Jan 1977
Maj. Gen. John J. Pesch
|This biographical article related to the United States Air Force is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|