|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (April 2011)|
|Industry||IVR, Telecommunications, Videotelephony|
|Products||IVR / IVVR platforms|
I6NET Solutions and Technologies is a European company founded in 2002, dedicated to research and development of telecommunications and Internet technology. I6NET gives operators and solution providers the ability to develop and deploy voice and video applications via VoIP, Time-division multiplexing and 3G-324M networks. The company's main product is an IVR / IVVR software called VXI*, the VoiceXML browser for Asterisk. VXI* is fully compliant with the W3C’s VoiceXML specification and is integrated with automatic speech recognition and text-to-speech engines to enable advanced voice and video solutions, and real-time video calling applications.
I6NET was founded in Madrid, Spain by three brothers Ivan Sixto, Borja Sixto and Javier Sixto. Since the beginning of the project, VoiceXML and Asterisk, the Open Source Telephony Platform are the key elements for a new solution approach for the market. In 2006, I6NET launches the first official release of VXI* 1.4 to be downloaded from their website. In 2008, I6NET becomes Digium's Software Partner and Asterisk Ecosystem's member.
"I6NET's mission is to transform interactive telephony into open communications thru VoiceXML"
Main Figures 
- 2011 VXI* 6.0 launched, the 6th generation of VXI*
- 2010 VXI* 5.0 launched with new video features like Flash/RTMP
- 2009 VXI* 4.0 launched with Xtras* addons to extend its IVR / IVVR features
- 2008 VXI* 3.0 launched with 32bit and 64bit Linux OS packages
- 2007 VXI* 2.0 launched with 3G-324m and ASR support
- 2006 I6NET launches VXI* 1.0 the first VoiceXML browser for Asterisk PBX
- 2005 I6NET roll out its first VoiceXML hosted services
- 2004 Research & Development activity over IVR
- 2003 The VXI* project starts
- 2002 I6NET founded in September
Products and Services 
I6NET provides software components in addition to IVR development and consulting services. The main product developed VXI* is a voice and video interpreter that works directly with the Asterisk PBX software supported by Digium. With this addon, this open source PBX can run VoiceXML applications in the same server at an affordable cost.
VXI* VoiceXML Browser 
VXI* is the first official, native integration between Asterisk, the Open Source PBX and VoiceXML, the W3C's voice and video application’s standard language. It's a complementary software designed for Asterisk-based systems in order to access to the large VoiceXML applications world.
Written in C, Linux Operating System, License Commercial
Xtras* Software Extensions 
Xtras* are extended modules for VXI* and Asterisk that VoiceXML is able to control. These extensions provide special features and tools to get or post information thru Asterisk with the interpreter. All these packages can be deployed in a same VXI* server according to each system's configuration requirements.
- Xtras* Outbound Dialer/API
- Xtras* Call Recorder MP4
- Xtras* MRCP Client
- Xtras* Flash/RTMP Server Channel
- Xtras* Video IP/3G and Tools
Written in C, Linux Operating System
See also 
- Automated attendant
- Asterisk (PBX)
- Voice browser
- Unified communications
- "W3C's VoiceXML specification". W3C. 16 March 2004.
- "I6NET an energic startup in the heart of Spain". VUICloud. 14 February 2011.
- "The I6NET's team". I6NET. 10 January 2009.
- "Asterisk, the Future of Telephony". AsteriskDocs. 8 April 2005.
- "Digium® and I6NET Announce Partnership to offer VoiceXML browser technology into Asterisk". Digium. 12 March 2008.
- "I6NET's technology and business partners". I6NET. 19 August 2009.
- "VXI* VoiceXML Browser". I6NET. 13 January 2008.
- "List of VXI* VoiceXML elements". I6NET. 25 January 2008.
- "Xtras* Software Extensions". I6NET. 14 July 2009.