From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- reproduce all or parts of the information on a set of cards
- "gangpunch" - copy information from a master card into the following detail cards
- print up to eight digits on the end of a card
- compare two decks of cards
- summary punch information provided by a connected accounting machine
- “mark sense.” - marks made with an electrographic pencil in designated locations on a punched card are sensed and then holes corresponding to those marks punched into the card
- number cards consecutively (an optional feature)
It operated at 100 cards per minute. Operations of the 519 were directed by a removable control panel.
The reproducing, gangpunching, summary punching, and comparing features of the IBM 519 are very similar to those of the IBM 513 and IBM 514.
- IBM (1959). IBM Automatic Punches. D24-1014-0.
- IBM (1959). IBM Reference Manual: 519 Document-Originating Machine. A24-1017-0.