IBM India Research Laboratory (IRL) is one of IBM's eight major worldwide research laboratories. It was established in 1998 in Delhi, India.
Some of the aims of the laboratory are to develop solutions for digital data, computers and mobile phones.
The research areas of the lab are
- Mobile Enabled Emerging Solutions: Developing industry-specific solutions and helping bridge the digital divide through innovative technologies.
- Next Generation Systems and Smarter Planet Solutions: Developing intelligent systems and technologies for an instrumented and interconnected world.
- Information Management: Creating intelligent solutions and services for industries through information integration and data analytics.
- IT Service Management and Cloud Computing: Helping make service delivery organizations more effective and efficient.
- Business Analytics and Optimization: Making sense of huge amount of data generated from diverse sources in service organizations.
- Software Service Technologies: Focusing on creating tools and technologies for the next generation of service engineering.
- Human Language Technologies: Exploring and applying the science of human languages expressed in various modalities.