From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Software Group (SWG) is one of the major divisions of IBM. Since 2010, it is sub-divided into two groups: Middleware and Solutions
- Information Management Software — database servers and tools, text analytics, and content management.
- Rational Software — Software development and application lifecycle management. Acquired in 2002.
- Tivoli Software — Systems management. Acquired in 1995. Re-branded as 'Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure' (C&SI) in 2013.
- WebSphere - An EJB development environment, container, and a series of pre-packaged applications, primarily for management interfaces and web commerce.
- Lotus Software — Groupware, collaboration and business software. Acquired in 1995.
- Business Analytics — Cognos and SPSS
- Industry Solutions — Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Marketing Management and B2B&Commerce
- ^ Exclusive: IBM Reorganizes Software Group by Doug Henschen, January 12, 2010 at informationweek.com
- ^ "IBM Software Group" (in German).