IBS Software Services
|Founder(s)||V. K. Mathews|
|Key people||V. K. Mathews (Executive Chairman), Rajiv Shah (CEO)|
|Products||Airline Travel Solutions,
Aviation Operations Solutions,
Oil and Gas Logistics Solutions,
Hotel Booking Solutions,
IBS Software Services is an Indian multinational IT solutions provider to the Travel Transportation and Logistics (TTL) industry. The company is headquartered at Technopark, Trivandrum India. IBS owns IP rights to 17 products in the TTL industry. The major lines of business include airline passenger reservation; loyalty management; airline and airport operations; airline cargo services; aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul; travel and cruise; and hospitality distribution.
V. K. Mathews founded IBS in 1997. The company started operations from Trivandrum with 55 employees. As of 2013, IBS employs around 2000 staff members from 30 different nationalities and operates out of 10 offices worldwide. IBS has acquired 6 global companies in Europe, U. S. A. and India over the years.
Products and services
IBS provides the following products and services:
- iFly suite for airline passenger reservation, airline loyalty, departure control system, airline staff travel, and airline holidays and tours
- iCargo suite for airline cargo sales and operations, revenue accounting, ULD management, and tracking
- iFlight suite for flight operations, crew management, and MRO
- iAirport suite for airport operations, display, cargo, and departure control
- iLogistics suite for upstream oil and gas logistics
- Hotel booking solutions
- IT services
- Implemented iCargo Solution at Lufthansa Cargo AG.
- Acquired Atlanta based Hotel Booking Solutions Inc.
- China's first cruise line adopted IBS' solution 
- Implemented MPM soultion at Aer Lingus
- Hosted ‘Conventus’ the airline cargo forum in Singapore.
- Implemented reservation systems solution at Eurolot 
- All Nippon Airways adopted iCargo platform
- South African Airways migrated to IBS’ iCargo 
- Jetblue Airways implemented iCargo 
- Qantas migrated to IBS' iCargo platform
- Cathay Pacific selected IBS solution to help manage staff travel
- Launched its unique Japan Cargo Terminal Operations system with TIACT at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport
- Revamped passenger reservation system for MSC Cruises 
- BMi selected iFly for its Loyalty Management System
- Airlines of the TUI Travel group signed a five year deal with IBS Software 
- Olympic Airlines signed up for IBS’ solution suite 
- Fuji Dream Airlines deployed IBS’Reservation System
- Malaysia Airlines opted for IBS’ crew management solution 
- easyCruise went live with IBS’ Cruise Partner
- Enerjet chose iFly PSS System
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines opted for IBS’ Crew Management Solution
- Oman Air signed up for implementation of IBS’ crew and fleet management systems
- General Atlantic LLC invested USD $60 million for a minority stake
- Vail Resorts Inc., USA, signed up for Tour Partner™
- Iberia (airline) signed up for airline fleet management system from IBS
- Signed up with Shell International Exploration & Production (SIEP) to implement iLogistics world-wide
- Signed up with Cathay Pacific for Crew Tracking System
- Implemented the port management solution, iPort, at Sharjah Port
- Iberia signed up for airline fleet management system from IBS
- Delivered Chameleon, the cargo terminal operations system, for Emirates
- Acquired TopAir, a versatile and fully integrated flight management solution
- 2011: Acquired Moveo Systems, it develops innovative human interaction solutions for airport.
- 2008: Acquired VISaer, which provides maintenance & engineering for aviation industry.
- 2006: Acquired Discovery Travel System.
- 2003: Acquired Avient Technologies from Honeywell.
- 2002: Acquired Top Air from EDS for an undisclosed fee.
- SEI CMMi Level-5
- PCMM Level 5
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 27001:2005
Awards and recognitions
- IT Provider of the Year by Payload Asia in 2012
- IT Systems Provider of the Year award at Air India Cargo 2012
- Excellence in Air Cargo at Air Cargo Africa 2011
- IT Systems Provider of the Year award at Air Cargo India 2010.
- Top 50 IT Innovators of India by NASSCOM in 2009.
- Top 10 software product companies of India by Business Today in 2007.
- Top 8 IT start-ups from India by Red Herring Inc. in 2006.
- "The Hindu Business Line : Technopark gives clean chit to IBS Software". Thehindubusinessline.in. 2003-07-15. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- Our Bureau (2013-01-20). "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Logistics : Logistics specialist IBS Software acquires Moveo Systems". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- TNN May 22, 2008, 12.28am IST (2008-05-22). "IBS buys US firm VISaer - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "IBS acquires Discovery Travel Systems". CIOL. 2006-04-13. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "Kerala software company acquires Avient from Honeywell". Siliconindia.com. 2003-10-24. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- K. Venkiteswaran (2012-12-29). "Business News : IBS Software vetting IPO option". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-02-19.