IBS Software Services
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2014)|
|Founders||V. K. Mathews|
|Key people||V. K. Mathews (Executive Chairman), Rajiv Shah (CEO)|
|Products||Airline Travel Solutions,
Aviation Operations Solutions,
Oil and Gas Logistics Solutions,
Hotel Booking Solutions,
IBS Software Services is an Indian multinational IT solutions provider to the Travel Transportation and Logistics (TTL) industry. The company is headquartered at Technopark, Trivandrum India. IBS owns IP rights to 17 products in the TTL industry. The major lines of business include airline passenger reservation; loyalty management; airline and airport operations; airline cargo services; aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul; travel and cruise; and hospitality distribution.
V. K. Mathews founded IBS in 1997. The company started operations from Trivandrum with 55 employees. As of 2014, IBS employs around 2200 staff members from 30 different nationalities and operates out of 9 offices worldwide. IBS has acquired 6 global companies in Europe, U. S. A. and India over the years.
Products and services
IBS provides the following products and services:
- iFlyRes for airline passenger reservation, airline loyalty, departure control system, airline staff travel, and airline holidays and tours
- iCargo suite for airline cargo sales and operations, revenue accounting, ULD management, and tracking
- iFlight suite for flight operations, crew management, and MRO
- iAirport suite for airport operations, display, cargo, and departure control
- iLogistics suite for upstream oil and gas logistics
- Hotel booking solutions
- IT services
- iCommerce - complete eCommerce solution
- London’s Gatwick Airport Enhances Efficiency with IBS Solution
- Lufthansa Technik Turbine Shannon to use IBS cloud based MRO solution
- IBS Inks deal with Vanilla Air, the new ANA LCC
- Enters in to a strategic partnership with IDMR for MRO solution
- IBS signs 10 year deal with Chevron
- IBS provides cruise inventory and pricing solution to COMPAGNIE DU PONANT, the first French luxury cruise liner
- Signs deal with Turkish Cargo for iCargo solution suite
- IBS signs deal with HNA Tourism Cruise and Yacht Management Company for Cruise Partner solution
- Implemented iCargo Solution at Lufthansa Cargo AG.
- Acquired Atlanta based Hotel Booking Solutions Inc.
- China's first cruise line adopted IBS' solution 
- Implemented MPM soultion at Aer Lingus
- Hosted ‘Conventus’ the airline cargo forum in Singapore.
- Implemented reservation systems solution at Eurolot 
- All Nippon Airways adopted iCargo platform
- South African Airways migrated to IBS’ iCargo 
- Jetblue Airways implemented iCargo 
- Qantas migrated to IBS' iCargo platform
- Cathay Pacific selected IBS solution to help manage staff travel
- Launched its unique Japan Cargo Terminal Operations system with TIACT at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport
- Revamped passenger reservation system for MSC Cruises 
- BMi selected iFly for its Loyalty Management System
- Airlines of the TUI Travel group signed a five year deal with IBS Software 
- Olympic Airlines signed up for IBS’ solution suite 
- Fuji Dream Airlines deployed IBS’Reservation System
- Malaysia Airlines opted for IBS’ crew management solution 
- easyCruise went live with IBS’ Cruise Partner
- Enerjet chose iFly PSS System
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines opted for IBS’ Crew Management Solution
- Oman Air signed up for implementation of IBS’ crew and fleet management systems
- General Atlantic LLC invested USD $60 million for a minority stake
- Vail Resorts Inc., USA, signed up for Tour Partner™
- Iberia (airline) signed up for airline fleet management system from IBS
- Signed up with Shell International Exploration & Production (SIEP) to implement iLogistics world-wide
- Signed up with Cathay Pacific for Crew Tracking System
- Implemented the port management solution, iPort, at Sharjah Port
- Iberia signed up for airline fleet management system from IBS
- Delivered Chameleon, the cargo terminal operations system, for Emirates
- Acquired TopAir, a versatile and fully integrated flight management solution
- 2011: Acquired Moveo Systems, it develops innovative human interaction solutions for airport.
- 2008: Acquired VISaer, which provides maintenance & engineering for aviation industry.
- 2006: Acquired Discovery Travel System.
- 2003: Acquired Avient Technologies from Honeywell.
- 2002: Acquired Top Air from EDS for an undisclosed fee.
- SEI CMMi Level-5
- PCMM Level 5
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 27001:2005
Awards and recognitions
- Customer Choice for IT Provider of the Year 2014 Award by Payload Asia in 2014
- Included in the list of The top 20 most promising aerospace tech solution providers in the world by US based ‘CIO Review 2014
- Wins Payload Asia IT Provider of the Year for the Air Cargo Industry Award 2013
- Information Technology for the Air Cargo Industry Award by Air Cargo Week 2013
- IT Provider of the Year by Payload Asia in 2012
- IT Systems Provider of the Year award at Air India Cargo 2012
- Excellence in Air Cargo at Air Cargo Africa 2011
- IT Systems Provider of the Year award at Air Cargo India 2010.
- Top 50 IT Innovators of India by NASSCOM in 2009.
- Top 10 software product companies of India by Business Today in 2007.
- Top 8 IT start-ups from India by Red Herring Inc. in 2006.
- "The Hindu Business Line : Technopark gives clean chit to IBS Software". Thehindubusinessline.in. 2003-07-15. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "New IT Solution Implemented At Gatwick". Airport Pickups London. 2014-05-23.
- "Lufthansa Technik Turbine Shannon to use IBS cloud based MRO solution". Rediff. 2014-02-20.
- "Indian IT firm inks deal with All Nippon Airways". Business Standard. 2014-02-05.
- "Document Management and M&E Seamlessly Integrated!". Aircraft IT. 2013-06-08.
- "IBS Inks major deal with Chevron". Yahoo. 2013-04-10.
- "French luxury liner signs up for IBS reservation solution". The Hindu. 2013-04-02.
- "IBS Software Inks Multi Million Deal With Turkish Cargo". Payload Asia. 2013-02-28.
- "IBS' Solution to Power China’s First Cruise Line". PR. 2013-01-19.
- "IT solutions provider BS Software inks deal with Lufthansa Cargo AG for implementation of its air cargo solution iCargo". The Times Of India. 2012-11-22.
- "Technopark firm, Irish airline tie up". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2011-10-11.
- "Qantas adopts IBS' Cargo Management Solution". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2010-06-11.
- "IBS inks deal with Fuji Dream Airlines". The Times Of India. 2009-07-27.
- "IBS signs agreement with easyCruise". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2009-01-12.
- "IBS Software pact with Shell International". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2005-11-30.
- Our Bureau (2013-01-20). "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Logistics : Logistics specialist IBS Software acquires Moveo Systems". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- TNN May 22, 2008, 12.28am IST (2008-05-22). "IBS buys US firm VISaer - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "IBS acquires Discovery Travel Systems". CIOL. 2006-04-13. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "Kerala software company acquires Avient from Honeywell". Siliconindia.com. 2003-10-24. Retrieved 2013-02-19.