ICC World Cricket League Division Three
|ICC World Cricket League Division Three|
|Administrator||International Cricket Council|
|Tournament format||Round robin and Playoffs|
|Number of teams||6 (8 in 2007)|
|Most successful||Nepal (2nd title)|
|2014 ICC World Cricket League Division Three|
The ICC World Cricket League Division Three is a part of the World Cricket League series.
The 2007 ICC World Cricket League Division Three was a cricket tournament played in Darwin, Australia between 27 May and 2 June 2007. The tournament formed part of the qualification structure for the 2011 World Cup as well as part of the wider ICC World Cricket League.
At the end of the tournament, the teams were distributed in the divisions of the ICC World Cricket League as follows:
- 1st and 2nd place: 2007 Division Two
- 3rd and 4th place: 2009 Division Three
- 5th to 8th place: 2008 Division Four
Teams were divided into two groups of four with top two in each group progressing to semifinals. The tournament was won by Uganda after beating Argentina in final. Hence the two teams were promoted to 2007 Division Two.
USA, Papua New Guinea and Uganda qualified due to their participation in the 2005 ICC Trophy. The other five teams are the next best qualifiers from their respective ICC Development Regions.
USA were suspended by the ICC and withdrawn from the tournament, with Argentina taking their place.
The 2009 ICC World Cricket League Division Three was a cricket tournament that took place in Buenos Aires, Argentina from 24 to 31 January 2009. It formed part of the ICC World Cricket League and qualifying for the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
The tournament was won by Afghanistan, with Uganda coming in second. Those teams qualified for the 2011 World Cup qualification tournament. Both won 4 matches and lost one, as did Papua New Guinea; the rankings tie was broken by net run rate.
Papua New Guinea were the first to reach four wins, as Afghanistan and Uganda both had their fifth matches abandoned due to rain and had to replay them the next day. The rain also resulted in the cancellation of the finals round ranking matches (which would not affect promotion or relegation in any case), and the group round result table was the final standings.
- Uganda (5th from 2007 Division Two)
- Argentina (6th from 2007 Division Two)
- Papua New Guinea (3rd from 2007 Division Three)
- Cayman Islands (4th from 2007 Division Three)
- Afghanistan (1st from 2008 Division Four)
- Hong Kong (2nd from 2008 Division Four)
2014 tournament is to take place in Malaysia from 23 to 30 October 2014
- Nepal (9th in 2014 World Cup Qualifier)
- Uganda (10th in 2014 World Cup Qualifier)
- United States (3rd in 2013 ICC World Cricket League Division Three)
- Bermuda (4th in 2013 ICC World Cricket League Division Three)
- Malaysia (1st in 2014 ICC World Cricket League Division Four)
- Singapore (2nd in 2014 ICC World Cricket League Division Four)
|Papua New Guinea||3rd||3rd||2nd|
|Runner-Up||Argentina||Uganda||Papua New Guinea||Uganda||Uganda|
|3rd||Papua New Guinea||Papua New Guinea||Oman||United States||Malaysia|
|4th||Cayman Islands||Hong Kong||Italy||Bermuda||Singapore|
|5th||Hong Kong||Cayman Islands||Denmark||Oman||United States|