|International Career Development Center, Inc.|
|Motto||Change Your Life Today|
|Campus||2 Campuses, online campus|
|Federal School Code - FAFSA||033953|
|Colors||Burgundy and gold|
ICDC College is a private for-profit, post-secondary education career college. ICDC College has two Southern California campuses and an online campus.
The school specializes in providing entry-level training programs for students of all ages and career phases. Initially, ICDC College opened a Los Angeles campus that offered software and computer hardware training. To respond to job market and hiring needs, the school increased its program listings to include database design, business application implementation and design, and additional tech solutions.
Seeing that employers were wanting employees with more training in computers, the school began to offer coursework and programs in desktop publishing, accounting, computer networking and repair, tax preparation, medical computing, and database programming.
In 1999, the school earned its accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). ICDC College also expanded its ability to reach students by opening a new campus in Van Nuys, California. Three years later, the school opened a campus in Huntington Park, CA. The following year, another campus was opened in Lawndale, CA.
In 2008, ICDC College was granted permission to offer Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) programs. Also in 2008, ICDC College created an online branch of its main campus that would allow students anywhere in the world to access coursework, learning materials, and more. The online branch was approved to offer Certificates, Fast-Track Diplomas, and AOS degrees.
By the spring of 2011, ICDC was approved to change its main campus name from the “Los Angeles Main Campus” to the “ICDC College Hollywood Campus.” Two years later, ICDC College would merge that campus with its Huntington Park location, with the latter location now being officially referred to as the ICDC College Main Campus.
Currently, ICDC College offers programs in alcohol and drug counseling, healthcare management, homeland security, business management and accounting, paralegal, and more.
In 1999, ICDC received approval as an accredited institution by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The ACCSC is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.
ICDC College offers three types of programs: Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS), Fast-Track Diplomas, and Certificates. The AOS programs, which are also known as Associate Degrees, are two year programs. Fast-Track Diplomas and Certificates are nine and six month programs, respectively.
- Accounting Office Specialist (Certificate)
- Addiction Treatment Counseling (Certificate)
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling (Associate of Occupational Studies)
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling (Diploma)
- Business Management and Accounting (Associate of Occupational Studies)
- Computer Graphics / Web Design (Certificate)
- Computer Repair / Networking (Certificate)
- Computerized Accounting (Diploma)
- Dental Laboratory Specialist (Certificate)
- Dental Laboratory Technician (Diploma)
- Graphic / Web Development (Diploma)
- Healthcare Management (Associate of Occupational Studies)
- Homeland Security (Associate of Occupational Studies)
- Homeland Security and Investigation (Diploma)
- Investigative Specialist (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Clinical / Administrative Assistant (Certificate)
- Medical Office Management (Diploma)
- Medical Office Specialist (Certificate)
- Networking Technology (Diploma)
- Paralegal (Certificate)
- Physical Therapy Aide (Diploma)
- Security and Crime Prevention Specialist (Certificate)
The Huntington Park Branch Campus is now the ICDC College Main Campus. The South Bay Branch Campus and Los Angeles Main Campus (Hollywood) closed in 2013.
Distance education (online college)
In August 2009, ICDC College launched its Online Campus, providing distance education. ICDC College was approved by ACCSC on February 2009 to provide online Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees. In September 2009, ICDC College Online Campus received further approvals from ACCSC to offer select diploma and certificate programs, in addition to its Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees. ICDC College’s Online Campus is located in Culver City, California.
Awards and Recognitions
ICDC College’s campuses have received multiple awards. These include:
- The Van Nuys Branch Campus has been recognized by ACCSC as a 2002-2003 School of Distinction
- The Huntington Park Branch Campus has been recognized by ACCSC as a 2004-2005 and 2009-2010 School of Distinction
- The former South Bay Branch Campus has been recognized by ACCSC as a 2006-2007 School of Distinction
- ACCSC recognized the Los Angeles Main Campus (Hollywood) as a 2009-2010 School of Distinction
- The ACCSC announced that ICDC College’s South Bay campus received the 2010-2011 ACCSC School of Excellence Award
The ACCSC School of Distinction award is intended to recognize ACCSC-accredited institutions that have ‘demonstrated a commitment to the expectations and rigors of ACCSC accreditation’ and to ‘delivering quality educational programs’.
The School of Excellence designation is the highest-level of achievement given to those ACCSC-accredited institutions that meet or exceed the expectations and rigors of the commission in regards to the standards of accreditation, along with graduation and employment rates. It also recognizes a school’s commitment to delivering high quality education to its students.
ICDC College has also received official Awards of Commendation from the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives, California Legislative Assembly, City of Los Angeles, and the State of California.
In 2010, graduates received a congratulatory letter from President Obama.
On September 20, 2011, ICDC College launched its international division expanding global reach into Canada, Latin America, and Europe.
From 2011 - 2014, ICDC College has been named a Military Friendly School by GI Jobs Magazine.
Admissions and Financial Aid
ICDC College has an open enrollment policy, meaning any student may apply. The school is approved to receive financial aid and Military benefits for students who qualify. ICDC College’s student population is just over 4,000 and the student-to-faculty ration is around 23:1.
On March 23, 2012, a former student filed a multi-million dollar class action lawsuit alleging the for-profit corporation engages in fraud and deceptive marketing. The complaint alleges that the "lawsuit arises out of the fraudulent and deceptive business practices of defendant International Career Development College, Inc." The complaint alleges that "This for-profit corporation has churned out graduates from the Homeland Security and Investigation Fast-Track Diploma program and/or Homeland Security Associate's Degree program, many of whom have little or no hope of working at the United States Homeland Security Department at any point in their careers or find similar employment," and that "This for-profit college has misled students into enrolling into its educational programs by adopting misleading/deceptive names for its educational programs, adopting a practice of misrepresenting its post-graduation employment statistics, and by making other misleading and false representations." Media coverage covering the lawsuit has been critical of ICDC. One show referred to ICDC's alleged unlawful business practices as "taking its scam to the lunatic fringe."
The class action case is titled Wilhelm v. International Career Development Career Center,Inc. pending in the Superior Court of California County of Los Angeles. Mr. Wilhelm is represented By Rosa Vigil-Gallenberg, a class action lawyer at Gallenberg PC in Los Angeles, California. On May 18, 2013 The Los Angeles Superior Court, honorable Anthony J. Mohr, refused ICDC's request to dismiss the case and decided that Wilhelm must first arbitrate his claims in a two-party arbitration and stayed the class claims in court pending the arbitration. 
- "Anna Berger, CPA - CEO/President of ICDC College - Nominated for the Annual Women Making a Difference Award (Owner/CEO of the Year) by The Los Angeles Business Journal". PRWeb.com. May 5, 2009. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- Goldberg, Lesley (August 7, 2009). "A Diversified Education". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "Directory of Accredited Institutions". Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "ICDC College Launches new Associate of Occupational Studies Degree Programs Online and on Campus". August 4, 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "Fields of Study, Program Disclosures". Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "ACCSC". Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "ICDC College Main Campus". Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "ICDC College Launches new Associate of Occupational Studies Degree Programs Online and on Campus". PRWeb.com. August 4, 2009. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- "ICDC College School of Honors". Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Schools of Distinction". Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Schools of Excellence". Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "ICDC College Launches International Division and Expands Global Reach into Canada, Latin America and Europe". PRWeb.com. September 20, 2011. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "ICDC College". G.I. Jobs Military Friendly Schools. 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- "ICDC College". College Navigator. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- Reynolds, Matt (March 27, 2013). "Class Calls 'Homeland Security' School a Scam". Courthouse News. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "For Profit Colleges Join Military Industrial Complex". TheAlyonaShow. April 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "News". Gallenberglaw.com. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Wilhelm v. International Career Development Career Center,Inc. (Los Angeles Superior Court May 8, 2013). Text Case Number: BC481389
- The ACCSC Standard, December 2011