|This article relies on references to primary sources. (September 2010)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ICFI|
|Industry||Professional Services Consulting|
|Key people||Sudhakar Kesavan
Chairman and CEO
|Revenue||ca. $841 mil (2011)|
|Employees||ca. 4,500 (2012)|
ICF International, formerly known as ICF Consulting, is a management, technology, and policy consulting firm based in Fairfax, Virginia. ICF International partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy, environment, and infrastructure; health, social programs, and consumer/financial; and public safety and defense markets.
ICF employs more than 4,500 employees in more than 60 offices worldwide. Washington Technology ranked ICF No. 64 in its "2011 Top 100" list of the largest government contractors based on prime contracting revenue.
ICF was founded in 1969 as the Inner City Fund, a venture capital firm established to finance inner-city businesses. Its first president was C. D. Lester, a former Tuskegee Airmen, who was joined by three U.S. Department of Defense analysts. The firm's consulting business proved more successful than its investments, and in 1972, it was reorganized as a consulting firm and renamed ICF Incorporated. ICF focused on energy issues for U.S. federal agencies throughout the 1970s.
During the 1980s, the firm expanded its environmental business and began to build its engineering capabilities. In 1988, the firm acquired Kaiser Engineers, which had originated as the engineering unit of Henry J. Kaiser's industrial empire and grew to rank among the largest engineering and construction companies in the world. The following year, the combined company went public and eventually traded its stock on the New York Stock Exchange. The combined company operated as "ICF Kaiser," maintaining its consulting unit largely intact.
In 1999, ICF International ended its decade-long affiliation with Kaiser Engineers through acquisition by its management and CM Equity Partners, LP, an equity investment firm based in New York City.
In 2002, ICF International acquired two divisions of Arthur D. Little: Global Environment & Risk (Americas) and Public Sector Program Management.
In 2005, ICF International acquired Synergy, Inc., a provider of strategic planning, analysis, and technology solutions in defense command and control, operations, and logistics. Also in 2005, ICF International acquired Caliber Associates, a Fairfax, Virginia, firm that provided high-end consulting services, primarily to U.S. federal clients.
In 2007, ICF International acquired Energy and Environmental Analysis (EEA), Advanced Performance Consulting Group (APCG), Z-Tech Corporation, and SH&E.
In 2008, ICF acquired Jones & Stokes.
In 2010, ICF acquired Marbek Resource Consultants Ltd.
In 2011, ICF acquired Ironworks Consulting LLC.
In 2012, ICF International acquired GHK Holdings Limited.
In 2013, ICF International acquired Ecommerce Accelerator LLC
In 2006, ICF Consulting was renamed ICF International to reflect the firm's growing geographic presence and increased service offerings. The firm also pursued an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and now is a publicly traded firm listed on the NASDAQ under the symbol NASDAQ: ICFI .
- Sudhakar Kesavan - Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
- John Wasson - President & Chief Operating Officer
- James Morgan - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Candice Mendenhall - Senior Vice President Human Resources
- Dr. Douglas Beck - Senior Vice President Investor Relations
- Gerald Croan - Executive Vice President Corporate Strategy
- John George - Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer
- Isabel Reiff - Executive Vice President Corporate Growth
- Robert Toth - Senior Vice President Contracts & Administration
- Dr. Frank Abramcheck - Senior Vice President Consolidated Business Operations
- Ellen Glover - Executive Vice President Technology & Management Solutions
- Philip Mihlmester - Senior Vice President Energy, Climate, & Transportation
- Sergio Ostria - Executive Vice President Energy, Environment, & Transportation
- Jeanne Townend - Executive Vice President Europe & Asia
- Barbara Rudin - Senior Vice President Health, Education, & Social Programs
- Donald Zimmerman - Executive Vice President 
ICF International offers advisory, implementation, and IT services in:
- Business Process Operations and Optimization
- Customer Satisfaction
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Information and Data Management
- International Development
- IT Solutions
- Management Consulting
- Modeling and Simulation
- Organizational Learning and Performance
- Performance Management
- Program Management and IT Management
- Research and Evaluation
- Scientific and Engineering Analysis
- Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Strategy, Policy Analysis, and Regulatory Development
- Training and Technical Assistance 
- Associations and Nonprofits
- Community Development
- Families and Communities
- Homeland Security
- International Development
ICF provides information vital to the EPA's Integrated Planning Model which is used to measure the impact of environmental policies on the electric power sector of the continental United States and the District of Columbia.
- "2011 Top 100". Washington Technology. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Our History » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Jones & Stokes » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. February 14, 2008. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Macro International Inc. » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. April 1, 2009. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Jacob & Sundstrom » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. December 10, 2009. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Marbek Resource Consultants Ltd. » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 5, 2011. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Completes Acquisition of Ironworks Consulting » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 3, 2012. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "ICF International Makes Offer to Acquire GHK Holdings Limited » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. January 30, 2012.
- "ICF International Announces ICF Interactive, a Complete Suite of Interactive Business CapabilitiesPurchase of Ecommerce Accelerator LLC Adds E-commerce to Robust Group of Interactive Offerings" icfi.com Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "Executive Leadership » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Universal Professional Services » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Business Markets and Capabilities » ICF Intl". Icfi.com. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Integrated Planning Model | Programs and Regulations | Business | Clean Air Markets | Air & Radiation Home | US EPA". Epa.gov. June 28, 2006. Retrieved February 1, 2012.