Registered in England and Wales, United Kingdom (UK) (number 02571387), ICM Research is a public opinion researcher that was founded in 1989. ICM is a subsidiary of Creston Insight, a marketing services company, and, as of June 2014, is a member of the British Polling Council.
ICM conducted polling research for media publications such as The Guardian, The Scotsman and The Sunday Telegraph. In 2014, research papers cover topics such as business banking, mobile commerce and retirement planning.
ICM is involved with the polling of the Scottish constituency in regard to the independence referendum poll that occurred on 18 September 2014. The BBC publishes the research conducted by ICM, in addition to other polling firms, as part of its "poll tracker" in the lead up to the vote that will determine whether Scotland will become independent or remain part of the United Kingdom (UK).
- "Review of the Year: Market Research Leagues - Behavioural Stimulus". Marketing – via Questia (subscription required). 14 December 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Harrison, Lisa (2001). Political Research: An Introduction. Routledge. p. 50.
- "Officers / Members". British Polling Council. British Polling Council. June 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Media Centre". ICM Research. Creston Insight. 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Scottish referendum poll tracker". BBC News. BBC. June 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
|This article about an English company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|