|Launched||October 2, 2006|
|Owned by||IDNR-TV Inc.|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||Canadian To The Core
|Cablevision du Nord||Channel 138|
IDNR-TV's programming is devoted to the coverage of natural resources including industry related and social issues programming. Specifically, programming focuses on the latest trends affecting the natural resources sector, market news, coverage of industry events, educational programming, and more. The channel is licensed to provide a bilingual service in English and French. While the vast majority of the programming is broadcast in English, French programs are also aired.
In October 2004, IDNR-TV was granted approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch a channel called The Natural Resources Television Channel, described as "an English-and French-language Category 2 specialty programming undertaking that will offer programming focusing on the field of natural resources."
A few years after EastLink purchased Persona, IDNR-TV was removed from all EastLink systems, leaving Cablevision du Nord in Quebec the only distributor of the channel. In May 2012, the channel reached its first major distribution deal with Cogeco in Quebec, however, the deal fell through in August 2012. The deal would have seen IDNR-TV carried on Cogeco's basic service in Quebec in the fall of 2012.
- IDNR-TV delivers natural resource industries programming to Canadian viewers OMER.ca 2012-01-25
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2004-447 CRTC 2004-10-08
- IDNR-TV's Television Debut Marketwire press release 2006-09-20
- IDNR-TV Announces Increased Coverage Marketwire press release 2006-12-12
- After a decade of prospecting, Ivor Barr hopes his mining channel will soon strike carriage gold
- IDNR-TV signs on with Cogeco Quebec Cartt.ca 2012-05-14
- Cogeco pulls plug on IDNR-TV Cartt.ca 2012-08-22
|This article about television in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|