||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2011)|
|Predecessor(s)||ComSoft Systems, iDirect Technologies|
|Headquarters||Herndon, Virginia, USA|
|Key people||Mary Cotton, CEO; David Bettinger, CTO; Toni Lee Rudnicki, CMO; Chris Norem CFO|
|Products||Satellite-based IP communications technology|
|Parent||Vision Technologies Systems|
VT iDirect (iDirect) is a Herndon, Virginia based company that develops satellite-based IP communications technology. iDirect has customers in 50 countries.
Founded in 1994 as ComSoft Systems, iDirect changed their name to iDirect Technologies in 2000. The company became a wholly owned subsidiary of Vision Technologies Systems in 2005. iDirect has won numerous awards such as the 2005 Teleport Technology of the Year for its 5IF hub and broadband IP VSAT System and the 2008 World Teleport Technology of the Year for its DVB-S2/ACM product line, Evolution. In 2008, iDirect Government Technologies was established as a subsidiary of iDirect to serve the US federal market. iDirect made its first acquisition in late 2009 by purchasing UK-based Parallel Limited, who were best known for developing the network management software, SatManage.
iDirect offers satellite-based IP communications products. Its products include universal satellite hubs, satellite remote routers, network accelerators, optimization solutions, and a network management system. Their Intelligent Platform is a satellite communications system with a variety of applications. Unlike many of their competitors iDirect does not operate a service arm—it only supplies equipment that is used by satellite service providers. A further differentiator is that their equipment is designed to provide services to high end enterprises or carriers rather than to consumers, hence there is an emphasis on the ability to deliver (and measure) the service level agreement requested by their clients.
iDirect's satellite technology can be used for aeronautical connectivity, business continuity, cellular backhaul, disaster recovery, distance education, enterprise connectivity, television and radio broadcast, maritime connectivity, military defense, energy and utilities, among others.
- Official website
- Satellite Connection Blog
- 2012 Comsys Report on iDirect
- iDirect's Technologies Discussion
- Via Satellite Supplement
- SatMagazine Article - The View from iDirect
- The View From iDirect - SatMagazine.com
- iDirect Hub Owners Group
- Global VSAT Forum
- iDirect on Twitter
- iDirect on Facebook
- iDirect on Google+
- iDirect Linkedin Profile
- iDirect backgrounder
- iDirect Government Technologies website
- Vision Technologies Systems website
- Bull, Simon (2012). "The Comsys VSAT Report 12th Edition". http://www.comsys.co.uk
- Bettinger, David. "A Sea of Change Transforms Maritime Communications". http://www.i-hog.org pgs 2, 8
- Business Satellite Solutions. "iDirect Technology Discussion". http://www.bsatellite.com
- VT iDirect, Inc. "VT iDirect, Inc. Corporate Backgrounder". http://www.idirect.net pgs 1-6
- ST Engineering. "ST Engineering's US Company Acquires Parallel Limited". http://www.stengg.com/pressroom/press_releases_read.aspx?paid=1500 pg 1