IEEE Consumer Electronics Society
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2009)|
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society (CES) is a professional society of the IEEE that focuses on the "theory and practice of Electronic Engineering and of the allied arts and sciences with respect to the field of Consumer Electronics and the maintenance of a high professional standing among its members".
In 1983, the IEEE Broadcast, Cable and Consumer Electronics Society was broken apart in to two societies, the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society and the IEEE Broadcast Technology Society.
Field of Interest
The field of interest of the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society is "engineering and research aspects of the theory, design, construction, manufacture or end use of mass market electronics, systems, software and services for consumers.".
- IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics
- IEEE Transactions on Haptics
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games
- IEEE Transactions on Autonomous Mental Development
- Consumer Electronics Society's Newsletter
- IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society sponsors a number of internationally recognized conferences that focus on the consumer electronics field of interest.
- The IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE) is the society's primary annual event. Every year the conference is hold in Las Vegas, just after the Consumer Electronics Show.
- The IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics (ISCE) is also an annual event typically organized by the society's international chapters.
- The IEEE International Games Innovations Conference (IGIC) is an annual event focusing on innovative research in games technologies and to make these technologies more accessible to academia and industry.
- The IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics--Berlin (ICCE-Berlin) is an annual regional conference focusing on consumer electronics
- The IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics--Taiwan (ICCE-Taiwan) is an annual regional conference focusing on consumer electronics
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society is a proud member of two IEEE councils:
- IEEE Biometrics Council
- IEEE Technical Committee on RFID
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society currently has 20 chapters spread all over the world:
- Eindhoven (Benelux)
- Hong Kong
- Princeton (Joint Communications and Consumer Electronics Chapter)
- Russia Northwest (Joint Broadcast Technology, Consumer Electronics and Communications Chapter)
- Silicon Valley
- United Kingdom and Ireland (Joint Consumer Electronics and Broadcast Technology Chapter)
- San Fernando Valley
- San Diego
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society awards the following IEEE distinctions:
- The Early Career Award
- TAB Awards:
- Chester W. Sall Memorial Awards
- Outstanding Service Award
- Significant Achievement Award
The CE society also advises the IEEE Board of Directors for the awarding of the Masaru Ibuka Consumer Electronics Technical Field Award
- IEEE CES Homepage
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Consumer Electronics Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Field of Interest
- IEEE CES Publications
- Consumer Electronics, IEEE Transactions on