IEEE Electron Devices Society
The IEEE Electron Devices Society was initially formed as the IRE Electron Tubes and Solid-State Devices Committee in 1951, and quickly became a professional group: in March 1952 it was called the IRE Professional Group on Electron Devices. After IRE's merger with AIEE in 1963, the group became the IEEE Professional Technical Group on Electron Devices, which merged with the Solid State Devices Committee in 1963, and with the New Energy Sources Committee in 1964, becoming the IEEE Electron Devices Group. In 1976 the group changed its name to the IEEE Electron Devices Society.
Field of Interest
In its constitution, IEEE EDS states that its Field of Interest is "all aspects of engineering, physics, theory, experiment and simulation of electron and ion devices involving insulators, metals, organic materials, plasmas, semiconductors, quantum-effect materials, vacuum, and emerging materials. Specific applications of these devices include bioelectronics, biomedical, computation, communications, displays, electro and micro mechanics, imaging, micro actuators, optical, photovoltaics, power, sensors and signal processing.
The Society is concerned with research, development, design and manufacture related to materials, processing, technology, and applications of such devices, and scientific, technical, educational and other activities that contribute to the advancement of this field".
The IEEE Electron Devices Society publishes a broad range of publications, including:
- Electron Device Letters (EDL) (All issues from 1980 through current)
- Transactions on Electron Devices (T-ED) (All issues from 1954 through current)
- International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM) (All issues from 1955 through current
- Journal of Lightwave Technology (JLT)
- Transactions on Electron Devices (T-ED) (Print)
- Electron Device Letters (EDL) (Print)
- EDS Archival Collection DVD (EDL, T-ED, IEDM, & EDS Newsletter)
- EDS DVD Update Package (DVD)
- Transactions on Applied Superconductivity (T-AP) (Print & Electronic)
- Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuit and Systems (Print & Electronic)
- Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability (CD ROM)
- Journal of Display Technology (Print & Electronic)
- Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters (ECS) (Print)
- Journal of Electronic Materials (J-EM) (Print & Electronic)
- Embedded Systems Letters (Print & Electronic)
- Journal of Lightwave Technology (J-LT) (Print)
- Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (J-MEMS) (Print)
- Journal of the Electron Devices Society (Electronic, open access).
- Transactions on Nanotechnology (T-NT) (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine (Print & Electronic)
- Photonics Journal (Electronic)
- Transactions Semiconductor Manufacturing (T-SM) (Print)
- Sensors Journal (Print)
- Solid State Circuits Magazine (Print & Electronic)
- Technology Management Package (Print & Electronic)
- Technology Management Package Mixed Media (Print & Electronic)
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Electron Devices Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- IEEE EDS Field of Interest Statement
- IEEE EDS Publications
- IEEE EDS Conferences