IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society
The IEEE MTT-S Logo
|2014 President||Dr. Robert Weigel|
The IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S) is the largest technical profession society for the promotion of the theory and applications of RF, microwave, millimeter-wave, and terahertz technologies. The MTT-S has over 11,000 worldwide professional members in academia, industry and government laboratories. It was founded in 1952 and has over 170 local chapters. MTT-S is one of 45 technical societies and councils of the IEEE.
Field of Interest
The MTT-S’ field of interest is "microwave theory, techniques and applications" of RF, microwave, guided wave, and wireless technologies, as they relate to components, devices, circuits, transmission lines, and systems involving the generation, modulation, demodulation, control, transmission, detection and effects of electromagnetic signals. It shall include scientific, technical, and industrial activities. MTT-S members apply physical and mathematical principles to design, analyze and build structures with dimensions representing a significant fraction of a wavelength or when propagation effects need to be considered.
- IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques (T-MTT), published monthly (12/year) ISSN: 0018-9480
- IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters  (L-MWC), published monthly (12/year) ISSN: 1531-1309
- IEEE Microwave Magazine  (M-MW), published bi-monthly (6/year) ISSN: 1527-3342
- IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, (T-THZ), published twice annually (2/year) ISSN:2156-342X
Major Microwave Conferences sponsored by MTT-S
- IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS)
- European Microwave Week (EuMW)
- Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC)
- SBMO/IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and Optoelectronics Conference (IMOC)
- IEEE Radio and Wireless Week (RWW)
- IEEE International Wireless Symposium (IWS)
- IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC)
MTT-S has 26 technical committees supporting communities of specialization within MTT-S. These technical committees work with the publications and conferences to organizing and support activities for their communities. 
- T. S. Saad, J. C. Wiltse, "50 Years of the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society", IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 50-3, pp 612-624, March 2002, DOI 10.1109/22.989946
- IEEE Societies, Councils and Technical Communities
- T-MTT home page
- L-MWC home page
- M-MW home page
- T-THZ home page
- J-LT home page
- IEEE MTT-S Technical Committees
- IEEE MTT Society
- Historical Electronics Museum, home of the MTT-S Historical Collection
- IEEE Xplore — over a million online documents
- www.tryengineering.org - resource for students age 8-18, and their parents, teachers, and guidance counselors.
- MTT-11 Microwave Measurements Wiki - A source of information for Microwave measurements .