|Public (OMX Stockholm: IFS)|
President and CEO
|Products||Enterprise resource planning|
|Revenue||SEK 2.6 billion (2009)|
Number of employees
IFS AB (Industrial and Financial Systems) is a global enterprise software company headquartered in Linköping, Sweden, with 50 offices around the world. IFS provides a component-based extended ERP suite built on SOA technology. Its primary product is IFS Applications which it develops, supplies, and implements.
IFS focuses on four core strategic processes: service & asset management, manufacturing, supply chain and projects. IFS develops, supplies, and implements IFS Applications™, a component-based extended ERP suite built on SOA technology. IFS provides software solutions that primarily focuses on manufacturing, project-based and asset-intensive industries.
IFS was recognized as the third largest vendor of enterprise asset management (EAM) software by ARC Advisory Group. ARC identified IFS as having the number one market share position in EAM for aerospace and defense, number two in oil and gas, number three in power generation and the number three spot for market share in EAM across all industries worldwide.
IFS has been first or among the first enterprise software companies to realize innovations including embedded enterprise application search, embedded environmental footprint management  and embedded social media navigational functionality.
IFS, with its acquisition of 360 Scheduling, has gained some advanced Artificial Intelligence products, including the 360 Dynamic Scheduling Engine, and the WISE: a product for companies with a mobile workforce, that helps plan the number of staff required when a new contract is taken on.
- 1983 - IFS is founded.
- 1985 - IFS launches its first software product, IFS Maintenance.
- 1990 - IFS Applications launched as a complete suite.
- 1991 - IFS expands into Norway and Finland.
- 1992 - IFS opens the first office outside Scandinavia in Poland.
- 1993 - IFS first graphical user interface launched. Expansion begins in Denmark and Malaysia.
- 1994 - IFS Applications among first suits launched on a service-oriented architecture.
- 1995 - IFS expands into North America.
- 1996 - IFS listed on the Swedish stock exchange. IFS Applications becomes component-based.
- 1997 - IFS Web Client is launched.
- 1997 - IFS established in Sri Lanka.
- 1999 - IFS is represented on all continents.
- 2001 - Java-based Internet portals and mobile solutions are introduced.
- 2002 - All components are available as web services.
- 2004 - NEC increases its support for IFS by acquiring 7.7% of IFS share capital.
- 2005 - >500 000 users of IFS Applications.
- 2006 - The release of IFS Applications 7. Alastair Sorbie appointed CEO.
- 2007 - IFS delivers solutions for the Intelligent Desktop and project–based solutions
- 2008 - IFS launches a new GUI for increased usability and higher productivity.
- 2009 - Acquisition of MultiPlus Solutions
- 2010 - Acquisition of 360 Scheduling.
- 2011 - Acquisition of LatinIFS
- 2012 - Acquisition of Metrix
- 2013 -The release of IFS Applications 8.
- The TOP500 of the Swedish Companies
- ABOUT IFS
- ARC Market Share Study
- Industry Week EAS article
- Canadian Manufacturing Environmental Footprint Article
- Information Week Social Media Article
- 360 Acquisition
- LatinIFS Acquisition
- Metrix Acquisition