|Headquarters||San Luis Obispo, California|
|Key people||Kyle Wiens, CEO
Luke Soules, CXO
|Content license||Creative Commons BY-NC-SA|
|Alexa rank||5,079 (October 2013[update])|
iFixit is a private company in San Luis Obispo, California. Founded in 2003 while the founders were attending Cal Poly, the company sells repair parts and publishes free wiki-like online repair guides for consumer electronics and gadgets on its web site.
Founder Kyle Wiens aims to reduce electronic waste by teaching people to repair their own gear and offering tools, parts, and a forum to discuss repairs. In 2011, he travelled through Africa with a documentary team; a short film is in progress  and stories of "fixers" met on the trip are posted on the company's activism-oriented blog, ifixit.org.
iFixit provides a SaaS platform known as Dozuki to enable others to use iFixit's documentation framework to produce their own documentation. An early adopter was O'Reilly Media, whose Make and Craft magazines use Dozuki to feature community guides alongside instructions originally written by the staff for the print magazine.
- http://www.ifixit.com/Users?order=date. Retrieved 2013-10-17. Missing or empty
- http://www.ifixit.com/Info/Licensing. Retrieved 2013-10-17. Missing or empty
- "ifixit.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Where we are coming from". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- How iFixit Uses Teardowns As Marketing 3.0, by Leander Kahney, Cult of Mac Sep. 18, 2009, retrieved July 2, 2010
- 17 inch MacBook Pro gets torn to pieces, PC World article
- Mac Observer article, 1 February 2008
- "iFixit in the Press". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- New York Times Tech Talk Podcast: D.I.Y. Electronics Repair, cue 8:07, April 28, 2010, J. D. Biersdorfer
- New York Times Personal Tech: Q&A September 22, 2010, J. D. Biersdorfer
- Wiens, Kyle. "Why Fixers Will Save Our Planet". The Atlantic. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Meet Saleh, Egypt's Master Car Mechanic". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Inside a Water-Pump Repair Shop in Kenya". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Make: Projects". Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- iFixit and Fairphone – Fixing The Cell Phone Problem, IFixit e-mail of April 3, 2014 (web version)
- We've got some great news! – iFixit and Apple working together – We’re pleased to announce that iFixit has been acquired by Apple, IFixit e-mail of April 1, 2014 (web version)