||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2011)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Hershey, PA|
|Imprints||Information Science Reference
Medical Information Science Reference
Business Science Reference
Engineering Science Reference
Information Science Publishing
IGI Global (formerly known as Idea Group Publishing) is a privately held international publishing company headquartered in Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States. The company is a publisher of journals, books, encyclopedias, and teaching cases in information science, computer science, and information and technology management. It is included in the Web of Knowledge list of publishers.
IGI Global authors are a diverse group ranging from domestic and international academics to professionals in many disciplines, including those working for competing publishers.
The company was founded in 1988 and currently runs seven imprints:
- Information Science Reference (ISR)
- Medical Information Science Reference (MISR)
- Business Science Reference (BSR)
- Engineering Science Reference (ESR)
- IRM Press
- Information Science Publishing
- CyberTech Publishing
IGI Global's books are indexed in Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index, the DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Education Resources Information Center (ERIC), and ACM Digital Library. The publisher's website mentions 2000+ reference and scholarly books in the fields of education, social science, library and information science, healthcare, business management, public administration, computer science, and engineering. WorldCat, the world's biggest bibliographic online database, returned 1,060 books after conducting a search for "IGI Global". Reviews of books published by IGI can be found in Book News, Library Journal, and Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries.
- "IGI Global Partners with EMpact to Provide Electronic Resources to Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, Germany and Poland". EBSCO. 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2011-01-25.
- "Web of Knowledge: Publishers". Thomson Reuters. 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "SAGE’s Lettie Conrad Adds to new reference title". Sage Connection. Sage. 16 September 2011. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Imprints". IGI Global. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Books". IGI Global. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Search: IGI Global". WorldCat. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Concise coverage of scholarly, reference, & sci-tech-med books: IGI Publishing". Book News Inc. April 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- William Garrett (Troy Univ. Lib.) (April 1, 2013). "Reviews: Dictionary of Information Science and Technology. 2d ed. 2 vols. IGI Global. 2012. 1694p. ed. by Mehdi Khosrow-Pour. bibliog. index. ISBN 9781466626249". Library Journal. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Robert L. Battenfeld, (C.W. Post Campus Lib., Long Island Univ.) (February 1, 2012). "Reviews: E-Reference Context and Discoverability in Libraries: Issues and Concepts. IGI Global. 2011. 462p. ed. by Sue Polanka. illus. bibliog. index. ISBN 9781613503089". Library Journal. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Bette-Lee Fox, Managing Editor, Library Journal (May 25, 2012). "Díaz, Laura & others. Discovery of Geospatial Resources: Methodologies, Technologies, and Emergent Applications. IGI Global. (Premier Reference Source). 2012. c.315p. LC 2011048796. ISBN 9781466609457". Library Journal. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Choice Review Online: Advancements in Distributed Computing and Internet Technologies: Trends and Issues, ed. by Al-Sakib Khan Pathan, Mukaddim Pathan, and Hae Young Lee. IGI Global, Jul. 2011. ISBN 9781613501108". Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries 48 (12). August 2011. Retrieved 2013-06-20.