III Air Support Command
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|III Air Support Command|
|Branch||United States Army Air Force|
|Type||Command and Control|
|Part of||Third Air Force|
|Engagements||World War II|
Trained air force organizations for support operations and assisted in training ground forces. Also conducted antisubmarine patrols.
- Constituted as III Air Support Command on 21 August 1941
- Activated on 1 September 1941
- Disbanded on 16 March 1942.
- Third Air Force, 1 September 1942-16 March 1942
- Various observation and light bombardment organizations
- 416th Bombardment Group (Light)
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.