II (The Kinleys album)
|Studio album by The Kinleys|
|Released||July 18, 2000|
|Producer||Radney Foster, Russ Zavitson, Tony Haselden|
|The Kinleys chronology|
II is the second studio album by the American country music duo The Kinleys. It was released in 2000 (see 2000 in country music) as their second and final album for Epic Records. It includes the singles "She Ain't the Girl for You" and "I'm In", both of which charted on Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs). Radney Foster produced some of the tracks on the album, while the others were produced by Russ Zavitson and Tony Haselden, who also produced The Kinleys' debut.
"I'm In" was previously a single in 1998 for Foster from his album See What You Want to See, and was covered by Keith Urban on his 2009 album Defying Gravity. Also included on II is "Somebody's Out There Watching", a Top 20 hit for The Kinleys in 1998, which was previously included on the television soundtrack for the series Touched by an Angel.
- "She Ain't the Girl for You" (Jon McElroy, Vince Melamed) – 3:32
- "I'm In" (Radney Foster, Georgia Middleman) – 4:55
- "You're Still Here" (Adam Hughes, Sarah Majors, D. Vincent Williams) – 3:11
- "If Ever I Needed You" (Foster, Heather Kinley, Jennifer Kinley) – 3:43
- "That's Gonna Mess You Up" (Hughes, Majors, H. Kinley, J. Kinley) – 2:58
- "When the Blues and My Baby Collide" (Bob DiPiero, Paul Nelson) – 3:28
- "Me Too" (Stan Munsey, Russ Zavitson) – 3:36
- "Lovers" (Leslie Satcher, Wynn Varble) – 2:56
- "I'm Me With You" (Marcus Hummon, H. Kinley, J. Kinley) – 3:00
- "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" (Hummon, H. Kinley, J. Kinley) – 2:18
- "Here" (H. Kinley, J. Kinley, Sunny Russ) – 2:56
- "I Need You Now" (Tom Douglas, Michael Joyce) – 3:35
- "Somebody's Out There Watching" (Steve Booker, Franne Golde, Robin Lerner) – 3:19
Compiled from liner notes.
- Sam Bush — fiddle
- Chad Cromwell — drums
- Steve Fishell — pedal steel guitar, Dobro, Weissenborn
- Pat Flynn — acoustic guitar
- Tony Harrell — keyboards
- Byron House — bass guitar
- Craig Krampf — percussion
- James Maddox — keyboards
- Dennis Matkotsky — keyboards
- Michael McAdam — electric guitar
- Joe Pisapia — electric guitar
- Chely Wright - background vocals on "She Ain't the Girl for You"
- Joe Chemay — bass guitar
- Shannon Forrest — drums, percussion
- Larry Franklin — fiddle
- Sonny Garrish — steel guitar, Dobro
- John Hobbs — synthesizer
- Jerry Kimbrough — acoustic guitar, bouzouki
- Marc Kunkel — harmonica
- Steve Nathan — piano, Hammond B-3 organ
- Michael Rhodes — bass guitar
- Brent Rowan — electric guitar
- Mitchell Shedd — percussion
- Biff Watson — acoustic guitar, bouzouki
- John Willis — electric guitar, banjo
Strings on "If Ever I Needed You"
- Anthony LaMarchina, John Catchings — cello
- David Davidson, Conni Ellisor, Mary Kathryn VanOsdale, David Angell — violins
Strings arranged by John Darnell.
Tracks 1-6 produced by Radney Foster; tracks 7-13 produced by Tony Haselden and Russ Zavitson.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||18|
|U.S. Billboard 200||177|
|U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers||10|
- II (CD booklet). The Kinleys. Epic Records. 2000. 69593.