IJVM is mostly a subset of the JVM assembly language that is used in the Java platform. This instruction set is so simple that it's difficult to write complex programs in it (for example, no shift instructions are provided).
|BIPUSH||byte||Push a byte onto stack|
|DUP||N/A||Copy top word on stack and push onto stack|
|ERR||N/A||Print an error message and halt the simulator|
|GOTO||label name||Unconditional jump|
|HALT||N/A||Halt the simulator|
|IADD||N/A||Pop two words from stack; push their sum|
|IAND||N/A||Pop two words from stack; push Boolean AND|
|IFEQ||label name||Pop word from stack and branch if it is zero|
|IFLT||label name||Pop word from stack and branch if it is less than zero|
|IF_ICMPEQ||label name||Pop two words from stack and branch if they are equal|
|IINC||variable name, byte||Add a constant value to a local variable|
|ILOAD||variable name||Push local variable onto stack|
|IN||N/A||Reads a character from the keyboard buffer and pushes it onto the stack. If no character is available, 0 is pushed|
|INVOKEVIRTUAL||method name||Invoke a method, pops object reference and optionally pops arguments from stack.|
|IOR||N/A||Pop two words from stack; push Boolean OR|
|IRETURN||N/A||Return from method with integer value|
|ISTORE||variable name||Pop word from stack and store in local variable|
|ISUB||N/A||Pop two words from stack; subtract the top word from the second to top word, push the answer;|
|LDC_W||constant name||Push constant from constant pool onto stack|
|OUT||N/A||Pop word off stack and print it to standard out|
|POP||N/A||Delete word from top of stack|
|SWAP||N/A||Swap the two top words on the stack|
|WIDE||N/A||Prefix instruction; next instruction has a 16-bit index|
There's also a set of special ARRAY instructions.
|Instruction||Stack before*||Stack after||Description|
|NEWARRAY||count||arrayref||Create new array on the heap. The count must be of type int. It is popped off the operand stack. The count represents the number of elements in the array to be created. Based on the Sun JVM-spec. The atype parameter is omitted.|
|IALOAD||index. arrayref||value||Load from int array. The arrayref must be of type reference and must refer to an array whose components are of type int. The index must be of type int. Both arrayref and index are popped from the operand stack. The int value in the component of the array at index is retrieved and pushed onto the operand stack. Part of the Sun JVM Spec.|
|IASTORE||value, index, arrayref||...||Store into int array. The arrayref must be of type reference and must refer to an array whose components are of type int. Both index and value must be of type int. The arrayref, index, and value are popped from the operand stack. The int value is stored as the component of the array indexed by index. Part of the Sun JVM Spec.|
|W_OUT||value||...||Pop the value from the stack and write a decimal representation of it to the display. For debugging purposes. Not part of the JVM Spec.|
*where the first value was pushed on the stack first.
- byte: A numeric literal, in octal (032 - leading zero), decimal (26 - no leading digits), or hexadecimal (0x1A - leading zero-x) format. Character literals ('M - leading single quote) are also allowed. Compiled to a 1-byte constant.
- label name: The string name of a label. Compiled to a 2-byte offset.
- variable name: The string name of a local variable. Compiled to a 1-byte value, indicating an offset into the local variable frame.
- method name: The string name of a method. When compiled, the address of the method is calculated and put into the constant pool. This operand is then replaced with the 2-byte index (in the constant pool) of the address.
- constant name: The string name of a constant. Compiled to a 2-byte index.
- N/A: This instruction takes no operands.
- Mic-1 Simulator Simulator Mic-1 easy to use for windows (not required Java)
- IJVM Simulator Simulator IJVM easy to use for windows (not required)
- Mic IJVM Simulator Simulator that implements IJVM on Mic-1 virtual machine, easy to use (not required java)
- emuIJVM Open source and free, with a stack animation IJVM simulator developed by students at the University of Catania (for Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux)
|This programming language–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|